October 13, 2009

What happened finally to that Air India stewardess who was manhandled by her Captain and Co? See, that's the problem with the media in our country - no follow-up. On the day things happen they make such a noise and then nothing. Did they sack the two bastards or did they admonish the girl for entering the cockpit unannounced only to find Arora commandeering Chopra's joystick in mid-flight? Which is what I suspect really happened.

Whatever it is I want to know or I'm not flying Air India again. Not that I plan to fly Air India anyway. Not if I can help it.

***

Voting day in Maharashtra today. In what is really a choice between the bad and the ugly. Or the insane rather!

And we're supposed to have a holiday but the slave-drivers told us to vote and come to work. It does not take a whole day to cast your vote, we were told somewhat matter-of-factly.

Yes we know that, I wanted to say, but it's an important choice that needs careful consideration. And time. We're not voting for school House Captain here, you know!

Talk about voting for House Captain, man I remember what an event that used to be. We had four houses - Peacock, Eagle, Falcon and- damn, I forget the fourth (Michelle/Royston do you remember?). All the guys wanted to be in Eagle or Falcon quite simply because Peacock was pussy! And at the beginning of the class year we had to vote for House Captain. Each ones 'house' was allotted to us randomly by the teacher and for a year or two I suffered in Peacock. Then I got put in Eagle and I was flying high again. Anyway, House Captain was someone who had to be an all-rounder - meaning he had to have the personality and proven capabilities in the sporting and academic arenas. I had neither so I was never in contention. But the non-performers like myself did have the power to ruin someones year by denying him/her the position of House Captain (what perks it carried I never understood, but still many wanted it). And people always remember when you screw them over, know what I'm saying? So the year we all plotted and denied the show-off Chetan the honour in favour of the babe Sujata - Chetan never forgot that. He tried to win us over with all kinds of bullshit ... all Sujata had to do was smile her dimpled smile and say - Pleasssse vote for me guys!

Problem with our politicians is they're all bludy bullshitters. Makes me think we need some pretty wimmen in the fray. Even if the power does go to their heads. I wouldn't mind having statues of some hottie all over the place, would you? We'll take that over a dead warrior anyday!

From Wide Open Spaces, the Dixie Chicks - I can love you better.

11 comments:

Perakath said...

I hope the fourth house wasn't called "Pigeon".

Kite? Vulture? Owl? Albatross? Raven/Crow? Sparrow? Robin? Thrush? Bluejay? Seven Sisters?

Perakath said...

(This reminds me of that game you play sitting in a circle and clapping each others' hands... Categories, it's called. Do you know it?)

Much ado about nothing.... said...

Too bad u dont have a day off. IT is ruthless for us desis. So while the yankees will get a day off to remember the dead guy - st.columbus, we dont get time to choose our CM!
Not like it matters, all rotten eggs.. but a holiday never hurts :)

FifthBeatle said...

I have to opposite problem. I want to go to work, but am not allowed to because it is a "Government mandated holiday".

Who the fuck is the government to 'mandate' anything in a private business?

Bastards!

SwB said...

@Perakath: Dove, Dove - it was called Dove! Nobody wanted to be in Dove either! What the hell is Seven Sisters? LOL!

@Much ado: Yes a holiday never hurts. Which is why I'm wondering why Arnold has such a problem!

@Arnold: So tell us dude, what's the problem? It's not a good sign you know when you want to work on a holiday!

Pallavi said...

We had colors, Red team, Blue team, Yellow and Green.. he he !!

Anonymous said...

The two guys got arrested and later released on bail. Saw it in the paper this morning.

agent green glass said...

dove? what like of wuss name is that?

but yeah, house captains had a lot of power. and at least in my school (which can hardly be called a school, more like a dharamshala for the lawless) they were generally the best looking. sigh. i always wanted to date the ashoka house captain. : )

and as for the pilots, they're out, scot free for now. and my guess is that's the last we'll hear of it. the national carrier is more like the national disease.

rupagulab said...

Have slave driver boss too. Ordered to cast vote first thing in the morn and report to work. Next day, read in the papers that govt officials noticed an HDFC bank open on election day and barged in - they took photographs of the tortured employees (they must have beamed!) and packed them off home. Seriously considering whether to cut out the article and place it on slave driver's desk.

FifthBeatle said...

I think the bigger question is not why would I want to work, but rather why shouldn't I be allowed to work on "Election Day". Or why shouldn't I be allowed to make the members in my team work? And who is the government to decide that for me?

Aditi said...

well...in lieu of the voting holiday, we had a working saturday. i wud have rather come to office on tuesday :(