October 6, 2008

Taken outside a shop at Main Street, Montpelier VT on 09.23.08

... But what are your options really?

So I'll say this: Seeing how practically everything in America these days is made in China, why bother with an American for President? You folks appear in a quandry trying to decide between Obama and McCain, when it's quite obvious that neither of them knows jack-shit about running the country! Hence why not just get some Chinese guy to step in as figurehead President and let Congress take all the decisions! Easier for everyone.

And think of all the money you'll be saving. On salary, expenses and security. A Chinese dude doesn't need to be paid half a million dollars a year, and neither will he need to move around in Air Force One. Hell, he'll even travel Coach! All those Secret Service guys working round the clock on Presidential protection could be re-deployed to assist in matters of real national security. And if poor Mr. Fcuk Noes Hoo happens to get bumped off by the Al Qaeda, all you gotta do is replace him with his cousin Hoo Cn Tell.

If their clothes are good enough for ya, why not a President!

***

One thing you cannot help noticing about American TV and American people in general is their total lack of interest in anything outside of their borders. Any time I switched on CNN or Fox or any of the other news channels all they were talking about is matters US - politics, weather, sports. It's like the rest of the world does not exist. But truth be told if I was living in America I wouldn't give a damn about the rest of the world either.

***

O.K. I've uploaded the pictures from Rhode Island and Vermont. Both places were lovely to visit; I loved the beauty of the landscape and just that feeling of being out on the road - vast, limitless, free. Do see and let me have your comments. I need to know if there's an alternate career for me in photography ... cuz I'm sick of my damn job. These are all as is - no Photoshop, and taken on ordinary Sony Cybershot and Canon cameras, considering which I think they came out pretty good.

So there's the trip to the beach at Newport with a drive around the mansions, and the visit to Montpelier, Waterbury-Stowe (where we stayed in a wood cabin and went apple picking ... don't miss the Pam Anderson) and Burlington in Vermont. Pictures from Boston will follow later this week.

Natalie Merchant - someone I heard for the first time just the other day and quickly became a fan. From the album Tigerlily this is San Andreas Fault. For Lee on her 5th blogversary .... been great having you around.

11 comments:

Salil said...

The not-looking-outside-borders phenomenon is not unique to US. Go around anywhere in India and ask common people on the street about the world, the results would be dismal. Even our non-English news channels seem to focus only on Indian/local issues.

Anonymous said...

from a critical point of view

rhode island: i liked 41 and 46
46 is well composed

36 could've been a better photo if it was taken from a same-level angle or from below ... now it doesn't provide any new view than what we normally see in bikes.

rest of it is just documentation ... which I don't really have much to comment on.
Same goes for Vermont.

I hope u din't mind. me just bein' honest. :)

Leela A said...

Thank you :)

Deepika said...

I agree with salil there. And good one! to the Chinese president opinion. :-)

Arunima said...

Chniees Prisednt? oh my oh my! Chink is King Chink is King

tan said...

hey there : ) loooong time. i'm still home recovering from my toe surgery. i'm eating and reading and watching tv and movies and music. bliss. you've been globe-flitting i can see.

those facebook pics really make me miss goa more.

and happy birthday, a little late : )

That Girl said...

well, im not so sure a Chinese President would be a good thing.

For one, a Chinese president would make SURE Christians were either killed or forced to stop being Christian. which is what is happening in China by the way.

For two. The Chinese dont get paid a lot. Which is why they mix poison with their babies milk formula. Go figure.

There are also many signs in US stores saying "
The day Obama becomes president , This country will become an OBAMINATION to us all".
and i agree.

I think the Indian government needs to be over thrown ( what with all their corruptions and murdering of innocent Christians and yet saying that this is a "religiously tolerant* country .. cowdung i say*

all my life in India, i have seen nothing but bribery, corruption, female infanticide and countless other disgusting things being done...by the government....


if only they broadcasted their own politics.. the whole world would laugh.

im doing good swb... we need to pray for governments... there are so many people hurting because of people's lack of care when making decisions.

Anonymous said...

You really praise everything about the US quite obsessively. That's the only thing about your writing that grates me. Enjoy your trip.

zypsy said...

thanx for the wishes buddy! "it" happened in march this year.

so "a walk to remember" made you cry? don't tell me you were drunk that day:-)))

saw mr.tarantino's hellride?

Eveline said...

Natalie Merchant- NICE!! I'm quite fond of her music.

And i did see the pictures.. quite good. Especially the one with the sign that said 'Purgatory'. :D Tc. SwB!

Saish said...

Hi,

Awaiting access to your Photoblog :)

Regards
Saish