A 12x12 is what I call it. 12 days 12 hours straight without a Saturday or a Sunday. My body seems to have forgotten what rest feels like. Question I ask myself at the end of all that is where am I going from here? I don't have an answer. Just going with the flow.
I know what I'd like to do though. Buy a camera and travel the world. Take pictures. No Photoshop. You can't Photoshop life.
It would be nice to have someone to take along, but not necessary. In fact I'd rather do it alone.
Time is flying. In another month I'll be getting ready to go to America. And for some reason I am more excited than I was about Switzerland. Can't wait to drive down those long Rhode Island freeways in my brothers Beemer. People in the office think I won't come back. You never know.
***
Singh is Crrap says our man Masand. And I would tend to believe him. I'd rather spend the movie money on a beef barbecue sizzler at Yana's (if only they served beer!). Which is what JC and I did last Sunday when Ugly aur Pagli was sold out at Adlabs. Not my idea to see it in the first place; she's the Hindi movie buff.
***
Quite a show the Chinks put on in Beijing last night. A thought that occurred to me a while back-- if television viewers around the world decided not to watch a single live coverage of the Olympics because of what them Chinks been doing in Tibet, would it really hurt the buggers? And if yes then how much? Wouldn't that be a great way to punish the rotters for the atrocities in Tibet?
But if you're a sports fanatic like me that would be really - really - hard to do. I mean you wait four damn years to see those lovely Russian gymnasts in action, not to mention the swimming and the athletics and the weightlifting. Hell, last time I was even stuck to my seat watching Rajwardhan shooting the crap out of them clay pigeons!
Nope, no can do. I gotta watch the Olympics. Maybe if I had a Tibetan girlfriend. But no - not even if I had a Tibetan girlfriend.
***
my my hey hey
rock n' roll is here to stay
it's better to burn out
than to fade away
Wasn't Cobain who first said that, those of you who don't know; it was Neil Young. Always felt the man got more credit than he deserved. Kurt I mean, not Neil. Neil was awesome. This for Sandy ... know she's a big CSNY fan. Happy Birthday babe! ... Don't ask me how I remembered :)
I know what I'd like to do though. Buy a camera and travel the world. Take pictures. No Photoshop. You can't Photoshop life.
It would be nice to have someone to take along, but not necessary. In fact I'd rather do it alone.
Time is flying. In another month I'll be getting ready to go to America. And for some reason I am more excited than I was about Switzerland. Can't wait to drive down those long Rhode Island freeways in my brothers Beemer. People in the office think I won't come back. You never know.
***
Singh is Crrap says our man Masand. And I would tend to believe him. I'd rather spend the movie money on a beef barbecue sizzler at Yana's (if only they served beer!). Which is what JC and I did last Sunday when Ugly aur Pagli was sold out at Adlabs. Not my idea to see it in the first place; she's the Hindi movie buff.
***
Quite a show the Chinks put on in Beijing last night. A thought that occurred to me a while back-- if television viewers around the world decided not to watch a single live coverage of the Olympics because of what them Chinks been doing in Tibet, would it really hurt the buggers? And if yes then how much? Wouldn't that be a great way to punish the rotters for the atrocities in Tibet?
But if you're a sports fanatic like me that would be really - really - hard to do. I mean you wait four damn years to see those lovely Russian gymnasts in action, not to mention the swimming and the athletics and the weightlifting. Hell, last time I was even stuck to my seat watching Rajwardhan shooting the crap out of them clay pigeons!
Nope, no can do. I gotta watch the Olympics. Maybe if I had a Tibetan girlfriend. But no - not even if I had a Tibetan girlfriend.
***
my my hey hey
rock n' roll is here to stay
it's better to burn out
than to fade away
Wasn't Cobain who first said that, those of you who don't know; it was Neil Young. Always felt the man got more credit than he deserved. Kurt I mean, not Neil. Neil was awesome. This for Sandy ... know she's a big CSNY fan. Happy Birthday babe! ... Don't ask me how I remembered :)
4 comments:
SwB!!! after such a long time! :)
The opening ceremony was something out of this world!! really!
But...why punish the Chinese? I dont remember anyone punishing the Americans...
I actually told my aunt who's tibetan that i wouldn't watch it. But i couldn't take my eyes off the TV... Goodness, i feel awfully guilty about it.
Finally! A post. (:
LOL. it's the thought that counts I say.
i watched bits of the opening ceremony. as expected China put up a grand show and we had tv channels going ballistic declaring china the new super poer.
BUT for me the precision, the army hoisting the flags, the robotic performers were rather scary. and i'm not just saying this coz i'm a tibetan.
zank u for stopping by and zee comment! :-)
Post a Comment