November 10, 2004

After living with NBZ for the last 2 months, I’ve noticed one very fundamental difference between him and me – he doesn’t think/worry about things the way I do. He takes things as they come, living one day at a time. And you know, I actually think he lives a happier, more content life.

And the reason why he doesn’t think about things the way I do is simply because he doesn’t really know how; he’s not as smart as I am.

People who are intelligent often wonder how less intelligent people make it through life and all its challenges. But the funny thing is, in most cases the dumb-asses make it just fine. Throw in a bit of luck and they’ll even make it big.

And I think the reason why these people we call morons or dumb-asses manage to succeed is because they learn to work with what they have. We, the more intelligent one’s, do not.

It’s like asking a person to chop down a tree with a kitchen knife. If he’s a moron, he’ll take that knife and get to work; it’ll take him forever, but ultimately that tree will come down. The intelligent guy, however, knowing that the knife will not do the job, will go out in search of a chainsaw. If he’s lucky, he’ll find a chainsaw quickly and finish the job in no time. But if he’s not, he’ll probably take more time to find that chainsaw than the moron needs to get the job done with the kitchen knife.

So if you take away the luck factor, you might just find that on the whole, the morons do better than the rest of us wiseguys.

Peace, love, and fewer grey cells.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

and can you picture the peace and quiet inside their heads?...it must be like an idyllic village square with a few bovine inhabitants grazing benevolently...my head feels like the traffic bottleneck at lajpat nagar during peak hours...