June 19, 2004

I have to admit: I cant think of anything to say here today.

I'm listening to J.J. Cale again. I remember telling you guys about the first time we heard J.J. Cale. All of us cousins were sitting on the sand at Baga beach in Goa, watching the sunset. Behind us, one of those beachfront restaurants(it was called St. Anthony's Cafe) was playing what we thought sounded so much like Clapton - songs like After midnight and Cocaine. Then a British guy sitting a little distance away comes over to us and says something like: "that's not Clapton guys, thats J.J. Cale".

And I dont know why, but every time I listen to J.J. Cale, I'm transported back there to that beach - freaking with the gang, sipping on Kings beer(in those small brown bottles)and licking our fingers after devouring the most amazing deep fried shellfish! Viva Goa!

I've still got some photos from that trip. Problem was, most of the time we were too sloshed to focus the cameras right! And lot of crazy things happened in those few days; I'll tell you some other time.

Ok, this J.J. Cale song called 'Hey Baby' goes out to our dear michelle; though I dont think she'll quite like being called 'baby'. Anyway, here's to you m.

Hey baby, it's your time now
Hey baby, you made it somehow
Don't let nobody come and bring you down.

Hey baby, you've got 'em on the run
You know, you've got 'em on the run
I know you; you have just begun.

Yes you have.

No comments: