April 5, 2020

So now we're doing 500+ cases a day! Thanks largely to that big gathering in Delhi of a group I will refer to as Total Jackasses. Chinese torture is what they deserve. But come to think of it, Covid-19 is in a way the new and improved form of Chinese torture.

And people are coping, yes. New skills are being learnt -- women are giving the men haircuts (though I reckon it'll be a while before the men can return the favour) and men are discovering the joys of housework.

We have a small open gym tucked away in one corner of the colony which nobody ever uses. Well, this evening I did for the very first time, even though I could see some of the wimmen in the neighbouring buildings quietly observing me from their balconies, probably wishing their old men would get off their asses. But no, let them watch Mahabharat; I'm very happy having the equipment all to myself. My favourite is the parallel bars which always makes me feel like a Russian gymnast, even though I can't do a handstand yet (and probably never will without serious injury). But I love the shoulder workout it gives me just doing dips. Burns like a biatch!

But leaving aside the gym/exercise bit, wouldn't you say we're actually keeping better health these days? It occurred to me this morning when performing my start-of-day duties, that my plumbing, and I'm talking end-to-end, has never been better, no Drainex needed. Goes to show how much crap goes into everything we eat outside. Frankly I don't ever want to go back to that again, most of which is overpriced garbage anyway! 

Great Leader wants us to switch off our lights at 9 p.m tomorrow and flash whatever illuminating stuff we want to flash. Now he clearly said lights, so why have people taken that to include ACs, coolers and fans? He just wants it to get dark, not hot. The poor guy must be feeling the heat anyway. It can't be easy keeping things in control when you have folks like those Total Jackasses running around. One Whatsapp forward I got says something about the light shining having astrological significance, which rings a bell from two Sundays back. But if it makes this damn pestilence go away I say let's do it. Though I'm pretty sure people will find ways to overdo it again: Last time it was the crackers, tomorrow I'm expecting a full fledged rocket show!

I say a prayer for New York City every night. I was awe-struck the first time I went there, everything was so big and bright. Must be all sad and gloomy now. No city should have to suffer the way New York has; I hope things get beter soon. Governor Cuomo is the kind of man the USA should have as President, not some specimen that belongs in a zoo.

Peace, love, and the right choices.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's great that you are going back to exercising. I guess it's time for all of us to re-evaluate what is our actual life priority ��