September 5, 2009

Overheard a girl saying on her phone:

"When will you men realize that I don't know is not an answer!"

***

And I had to smile. Looked at her and smiled. She looked angry. Very angry.

***

But that's how it is with us guys. There are some things we just don't know. It's hard to explain.

***

I smiled because there's this girl I met recently. Pretty much everything I'd be looking for in a girl. Okay so she didn't have that Jessica Alba smile, Angelina lips or Megan Fox body, but what the hell - she was nice. But when someone asked me if I'd want to meet her again I said I don't know. Now saying I don't know usually means you're leaning towards the negative, but in this case I'm pretty much right there in the middle -- I simply do not know.

And so I'm in a bit of a quandary. Because if she calls me I know that's not the answer she wants to hear.

Bette Davis Eyes. No, she didn't have those either.

8 comments:

agent green glass said...

wow. that's the sweetest thing i've read. but dude, if she calls you, what do you mean YOU DON"T KNOW???

LostLittleGirl said...

Ought to say I never got the big deal about Bette Davis's eyes! It just seemed like right words for the song..

And if you're going to say I don't know to her, don't call her please, I just banged the phone on someone for precisely that reason. Why do all men love to converse as if they are in a bludy board-room!

Tripti Chouhan said...

listen to your heart - it generally knows...and when it doesn't, one shud just go with the flow and see what happens.

stuff like serendipity, deja vu n all sounds very cliched but does happen...
and sometimes it provides the answers our heart doesn't have.

S said...

Men!!! Take the leap i say...if it works out - YAY...if it don't - wat the hell! u'd still have jolie in ur fantsies! :D

San said...

i can imagine how infuriating she must have been with you smiling. sounds cute though.

Punvati said...

Hehehe cute :D But "I dont know" comes at times when its absolutely not an option so guys can be infuriating that way :)

Saish said...

So true buddy.And i am one of the men who says this always. I dont knw which idiot invented the word "Clarity".

Vedashree Khambete-Sharma said...

What is this, an epidemic? What do you mean you don't know? Nobody is asking anybody to marry and have children here. See, THAT is when the male commitment-phobia is SUPPOSED to raise its ugly head. If you enjoy her company, meet her again. If you don't, then don't. It's not rocket science.