There used to be this little ad that would appear almost every day in the GDN which read: Sad, suicidal, lost? Call the Befrienders. When you're a kid you wonder who would actually call. To you it would seem odd that anybody could be so sad, so suicidal, or so lost to want to pick up the phone and talk to some stranger for comfort.
Funny how things change with time. Because when you're sad, suicidal or lost, nobody is a stranger.
Funny how things change with time. Because when you're sad, suicidal or lost, nobody is a stranger.
5 comments:
Sometimes it's actually more comforting to talk to a stranger isn't it? Someone completely dissociated from the situation..
Hi-stumbled on this page quite by accident. Glad I did.
Like the song. In fact I spent the last 20 mins just scrolling down to play the music :)
I guess loved ones judge u more harshly.... especially of all that 'history' being there. And i suppose you'd never see or hear from the stranger again... so that works well too.
I still think it. That why would anyone talk to a stranger for comfort? But then I blog for strangers. I guess I answered my own question. Your posts are always a revelation, SwB. :)
Strangers are the best! Atleast they listen....
Post a Comment