I'm thinking of carrying a lighter with me whenever I go to a pub or a disc. Because it's not funny the number of people coming asking you for a light. Hell, you're the one smoking, you should carry a damn light! Which reminds me of that evening at the Shakira concert. Don't ask how we managed to smuggle the cigs and the lighter inside. The lighter was easy actually - it went in Q's shoe, but the cigs, oh God - that was painful! Because cigarette packets have sharp edges ... something we realized only after after our nuts started to hurt real bad. Yep, when you're concealing cigarettes in your underwear the packets gotta be placed between your thighs right under the nads, else the security guy frisking you will feel it.
Quite unbelievable how many people, wimmen especially, came up to us for a light that evening ... word sure did spread fast. And how the dames managed to smuggle so many cigarettes in is a mystery to us ... surely not in their underwear, thought it might actually be less painful for them. Here's a photo.
Speaking of concerts I believe Coldplay performed in Abu Dhabi last night. Still have to ask the lads how that was. Wonder why they gave India a miss though - security concerns probably. Never been a big Coldplay fan anyway.
So yesterday they took me to this disc like place where the music was shitty and the people sweaty, jumping and flailing their hands up in the air like monkeys. Not that I have a problem with that, but it's something I can't do. I had three large whiskeys, watched them do the monkey moves and got the hell outta there. But it got me thinking ... about what our lives have come down to these days. People will drink anything, dance to anything, spend any amount of money, just to get that release. Where are we headed really?
CSNY on a hot Sunday afternoon. Nice week.
Quite unbelievable how many people, wimmen especially, came up to us for a light that evening ... word sure did spread fast. And how the dames managed to smuggle so many cigarettes in is a mystery to us ... surely not in their underwear, thought it might actually be less painful for them. Here's a photo.
Speaking of concerts I believe Coldplay performed in Abu Dhabi last night. Still have to ask the lads how that was. Wonder why they gave India a miss though - security concerns probably. Never been a big Coldplay fan anyway.
So yesterday they took me to this disc like place where the music was shitty and the people sweaty, jumping and flailing their hands up in the air like monkeys. Not that I have a problem with that, but it's something I can't do. I had three large whiskeys, watched them do the monkey moves and got the hell outta there. But it got me thinking ... about what our lives have come down to these days. People will drink anything, dance to anything, spend any amount of money, just to get that release. Where are we headed really?
CSNY on a hot Sunday afternoon. Nice week.
11 comments:
Painful,yeah. Guess not as much as this method though:
http://adarshvarghese.blogspot.com/2005/06/papillon.html
I love the song. You always make me walk down memory lane with the muzak, SwB!
Hope all is well. :)
Man that would have hurt ! Hmm ! That gives ideas though !
:)
visiting your space after ages ( I mean the actual site, been reading on the feed reader)
How are you? how's life??
Coldplay was brilliant ... I was there.
It started raining and tne entire audience just happily got drenched ...
The raindrops shimmered in the laser lights and when the rain stopped they had a swirl of confetti going in sporadic bursts - was awesome!
Then of corse they let out huge yellow balloons among the audience when Yellow came on ...
And then then came to this stage in the middle of the standing audience and it was super ..coz I was 6 feet away from them....
Now I too have never been a Coldplay fan , but I was seriously impressed with the concert - was good stuff
The present sucks... but then it's much better than what's to come.
I love the song!!! I wish they still made music like this. Awesome week to ya, SwB.
Love,
eve
Dude... :)
I was away and missed the blog and so much water has flowed under the bridge..
Hope all i great at your end :)
At the moment I don't remember which route I took to reach your blog.. but I am glad I did and must say that your blog is very interesting..:)
heyyy.....u wrote what i wrote!!uncanny swb...the way we both think :-)
bips
Although i cudn't make it for the Coldplay gig at Abu Dhabi, apparently it was one of the best concert in the UAE within the last few years.
It rained like crazy on that day and the crowd was not willing to miss Chris Martin's or Jonny Buckland's magic.
More here: http://www.travelblog.org/Middle-East/United-Arab-Emirates/Abu-Dhabi/blog-385727.html
easiest way to meet chicks ! lighter and smoking ...
before you give her the lighter ask her if she "puffs or she swallows"... ;)
Post a Comment