March 28, 2009

Earth Hour 2009. From what I understand we need to turn off our lights but can leave the air-conditioning on. Something ain't quite right about that.

***

So what do y'all reckon about the IPL being held in Angola ... I mean S'Africa! (doesn't really make a difference where it's at)

And has this ever been done before - local league matches being played in another country? Wonder what the Limeys would have to say about County Cricket being played in ... say India? Not very nice things I'd imagine.

By doing this Lalit Modi and that bunch of sharks collectively called the BCCI have shown the people of this nation what they're really about. Not that we didn't know before, but now they've proven it beyond doubt. I hope they lose a ton of money, I really do.

***

I've gone on more long walks and had more long talks and long rides with him than with anybody else. We want the same things in life - the simple things, nothing flashy. We like to splurge once in a while, but know where to draw the line. Same applies to when we're drinking .... we will walk all the way to the edge but never fall over. At least we haven't yet.

The only thing missing in our lives right now would be the love of a good woman. Sounds cliched I know, but maybe I'm just getting old as someone said. But are we the lovin' kind, I wonder?

I have a strong suspicion he reads this blog, the sneaky bastard. So if you are reading this, this one's for you brother. Happy Birthday! This kind of is our song - the smooth as scotch Glenn Frey and the Eagles in an all-acoustic Peaceful Easy Feeling. Just the way we like it.

3 comments:

FifthBeatle said...

Ah, the love of a good woman. So elusive it is. What to do!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm... maybe it's not so much the love of a good woman that's hard to find than the actual good woman herself!
Happy birthday to your bro.

The Budweiser said...

hahahaha!!!

oh and btw, earth hour - overrated!