How do you tell someone you've changed? And what do you say to them when they say, "why should I believe you?".
Sometimes it's better not to bother.
***
Kharghar's been stuck in my head ever since someone told me it was one of the best places to buy a flat these days, what with the nature all around and the new airport likely to come up closeby. I remember when we were kids and used to visit my uncle's place at the LIC colony in Santa Cruz ... we'd go to the top of the building at night, climb onto the water tank and lie on our backs waiting for the planes to take off. Every few minutes one used to leap up into the sky and from where we were they seemed so close you felt you could touch them. What a magnificent sight they were with the many lights flashing and the windows all lit up like a Christmas tree ... you could see even the passengers sitting inside, it was that close. And the thunderous roar of the engines right above us was such an adrenalin rush. I remember it was exactly above that building that the landing gear would retract. Funny how you never forget stuff like that.
A new life in an old city may be just what I need.
Loudon Wainwright III ... Grey in LA.
Sometimes it's better not to bother.
***
Kharghar's been stuck in my head ever since someone told me it was one of the best places to buy a flat these days, what with the nature all around and the new airport likely to come up closeby. I remember when we were kids and used to visit my uncle's place at the LIC colony in Santa Cruz ... we'd go to the top of the building at night, climb onto the water tank and lie on our backs waiting for the planes to take off. Every few minutes one used to leap up into the sky and from where we were they seemed so close you felt you could touch them. What a magnificent sight they were with the many lights flashing and the windows all lit up like a Christmas tree ... you could see even the passengers sitting inside, it was that close. And the thunderous roar of the engines right above us was such an adrenalin rush. I remember it was exactly above that building that the landing gear would retract. Funny how you never forget stuff like that.
A new life in an old city may be just what I need.
Loudon Wainwright III ... Grey in LA.
5 comments:
Kharghar is amazing. You could get to what are called black hills within 20 min from anywhere here. Trust me, a perfect place to restart your life.
And what about those other times when its really hard not to bother...like those times when you badly want the other person to know and believe that you have changed; largely for that person...largely so that person's disposition towards you changes (becomes favourable)...No answers? And not easy not to bother you bet!
I want a house in Kharghar too! :)
And don't believe the Phoenix when he says I have weird things to talk about over lunch. I assure you I'm the most sane person you'll find. :P
To get hold of me, you need to visit my blog often, leave comments, get used to the weirdness, and then meet up over coffee if you're in / the next time you're in Bombay! :D
Yeah, you sure don't forget stuff like that.
On the other hand, have these memories been coming back quite too often? It could be that you are getting old, you know; it very much could be, old blues eyes!!!!
Kharghar?? u sure?? i havent really heard good things about that place....like water problem, electricity and mainly hooliganism!! especially unsafe for women.
bips
Post a Comment