See - even her fiancé didn't expect the movie to be that big a hit! Otherwise he'd have wasted no time marrying her. But now she's given him what we Macs lovingly call "the kick". I kinda feel sorry for the chap though, seems like a nice boy. Don't worry dude, as my buddy Al says: 9 out of 10 wimmen are bleddy matlabis ... you'll find the one soon enough.
***
Did a little browsing at Landmark yesterday (which is one my fav ways to spend a Sunday morning). And it's always the same routine whenever I go there: start with the magazines- the auto magazines first, then Osho Times followed by Guitar Player and if I see something interesting then Business Today or one of those. Followed by a quick walk through the music section and finally the books - Indian authors first ... Blue Penguin, Green Rhinoceros, Yellow Chimpanzee ... yeah they usually have titles that sound like that. Okay maybe I'm exaggerating a little. The three mistakes of my life by Chetan Bhagat caught my eye, flipped through and put it down. Might even be good who knows. But to be honest the only books I really enjoyed reading were the ones that made me laugh. Like anything by Spike. So I went to the guy behind the computer and asked him to look up his inventory for Spike. Spike who? he goes. Milligan, Gunner First Class. Milligan ... Nope, no Milligan. Bugger!
***
Clicked on HHC in my feed reader just now and there is Freida with some old British dude on the High Streets of London. Sure beats Hill Road I'll bet ... or does it? I always found them High Streets very boring to be honest ... maybe it was because I couldn't afford anything. But it does seem like our girl is going overboard with all the designer outfits, bags, and worse - shoes! What a waste! I mean wait till you're Angelina or something. One (unexpected) hit don't mean you go on a splurge fest. She'll learn.
But she does look pretty drained, doesn't she? Yeah the life of a celebrity ain't easy honey. Ask me I know :) LOL
***
Something yesterday got me thinking again - of life and love and all that can go wrong. How much of it is due to the mistakes we make and how much is left to chance. But it's how you pick yourself back up that makes all the difference.
***
Did a little browsing at Landmark yesterday (which is one my fav ways to spend a Sunday morning). And it's always the same routine whenever I go there: start with the magazines- the auto magazines first, then Osho Times followed by Guitar Player and if I see something interesting then Business Today or one of those. Followed by a quick walk through the music section and finally the books - Indian authors first ... Blue Penguin, Green Rhinoceros, Yellow Chimpanzee ... yeah they usually have titles that sound like that. Okay maybe I'm exaggerating a little. The three mistakes of my life by Chetan Bhagat caught my eye, flipped through and put it down. Might even be good who knows. But to be honest the only books I really enjoyed reading were the ones that made me laugh. Like anything by Spike. So I went to the guy behind the computer and asked him to look up his inventory for Spike. Spike who? he goes. Milligan, Gunner First Class. Milligan ... Nope, no Milligan. Bugger!
***
Clicked on HHC in my feed reader just now and there is Freida with some old British dude on the High Streets of London. Sure beats Hill Road I'll bet ... or does it? I always found them High Streets very boring to be honest ... maybe it was because I couldn't afford anything. But it does seem like our girl is going overboard with all the designer outfits, bags, and worse - shoes! What a waste! I mean wait till you're Angelina or something. One (unexpected) hit don't mean you go on a splurge fest. She'll learn.
But she does look pretty drained, doesn't she? Yeah the life of a celebrity ain't easy honey. Ask me I know :) LOL
***
Something yesterday got me thinking again - of life and love and all that can go wrong. How much of it is due to the mistakes we make and how much is left to chance. But it's how you pick yourself back up that makes all the difference.
JJ on a Monday morning. I love this song. Nice week.
8 comments:
good thing u put down the 3 mistakes. It was a pain to read even when that was the only pdf i had, that I hadnt read.
Life and love, well it works out if it has to. Have never understood what they mean by you have to 'make it work'...
I read that first sentence and I thought you were talking about fiancé :)
*your
@Purely narcotic, me too :) and I immediately jumped to the blog to wish SWB :) then read again :P
Hi "Saltwater",
Been reading ur blog ever since a friend of mine passed the link on..Believe me, its somehow and somewhat made me feel better/different..
Even this post..."Its how you pick yourself back that makes the difference.."The problem though is of not knowing and not being able to let go or forget..Not easy rite?
More importantly.."How much of it is due to our mistakes and how much is left to chance"...I would like to add.."How much of it is due to not being understanding and how much is due to not being understood?" ;-)
In my case, I haven't even been dumped in the traditional sense...and the woman, believe me more like the 1 rather than the 9 matlabis...thats what adds to the complexity ;-)
Been reading ur stuff from a while...like ur attitude..keep it coming?
After being brushed aside by some dudes in the past...I felt thats it`s me who is making the mistakes...but now I am with a great guy who likes me "just as I am" (yay!)...so its was not my mistakes per se...its just that we were different..mistakes are purely perspectives...thats it...!!
interesting.
shit... chic!?
and what if you dont wanna pick yourself back?
Post a Comment