It's hard to concentrate on someone else's story when you've got a hundred swimming around in your head.
Slumdog didn't cut it for me to be honest. Saw it this morning by myself (which is how I like to watch my movies) and came away with pretty much a blank. It's one of those see it and forget it films. A story must be told for a reason, and here I could find none. Brilliant acting can only do so much to hold together a patchy story.
As for our girl Freida I'm thinking of asking her to marry me. Don't think I've ever felt so in love with someone I've seen on screen.
***
A friend in the music business was talking to me yesterday about hooking up with them and doing some gigs around town. Something I'd really like to do, long as I don't gotta sing no shit by Hoobastank. And no weddings. Strictly no weddings. Cuz if there's one thing I ain't it's a goddamn wedding singer.
***
Here's a song by a guy who never had trouble telling a story. This for someone I've known a long time but never really known. Calls herself the Lost Little Girl.
Slumdog didn't cut it for me to be honest. Saw it this morning by myself (which is how I like to watch my movies) and came away with pretty much a blank. It's one of those see it and forget it films. A story must be told for a reason, and here I could find none. Brilliant acting can only do so much to hold together a patchy story.
As for our girl Freida I'm thinking of asking her to marry me. Don't think I've ever felt so in love with someone I've seen on screen.
***
A friend in the music business was talking to me yesterday about hooking up with them and doing some gigs around town. Something I'd really like to do, long as I don't gotta sing no shit by Hoobastank. And no weddings. Strictly no weddings. Cuz if there's one thing I ain't it's a goddamn wedding singer.
***
Here's a song by a guy who never had trouble telling a story. This for someone I've known a long time but never really known. Calls herself the Lost Little Girl.
13 comments:
most of the people i "know", i don't really know. and when you think you know them, what you actually know is that you don't know them.
i like watching movies alone as well! most anti-social behaviour, i say. but it's only because i don't like comments from co-watchers while the movie is on. plus, i can cry all i want and guffaw throatily all i want without having to think about what the other person/people would think :D
and oh! first comment! yeaay!
Hey, if you're thinking of asking Ms. Pinto to marry you, you'd better act fast—I've got my mind on the same too, and I bet we aren't the only two either! As soon as I get back from Germany, that's the first thing on my list!
And whoa, people have started doing the whole "Yay, first comment!" thing on your blog? Wow! You've really made it big-time now!
The movie was alrite. I really didn't expect it'd make it to the Oscars.
When you do get started on this singing thing... i do hope you come down to B'lore and give us all something to talk about :)
Awesome week to ya, SwB!
I am the Immature audience of India who still finds it offending that some firang can come down to India and sell us shit (y, they even have a scene for that I hear)tittled slumDOG...
A story must be told for a reason, the only reason here being package all the flipside of india, let the protagonist be conveniently from the minority, poverty, riots, bollywood craze and baam uv got a HIT!
shouldnt he hav also packaged cricket?? or has he already?
I thought the real stars were the kids and Dev Patel. I don't know why the other showpieces in the film are getting excited!
I saw Slumdog Millionaire and I loved the movie. Of course it was part fantasy, but anyone living in Bombay (no Mumbai for me) knows that the slums are a very important part of the city. I think it is weird that some Indians are upset that people in the West think India is all about slums. Poverty exists everywhere (even in the US and Western Europe) IMO and its how we deal with it to improve the life of the less fortunate is what is important.
On a lighter note, Freida went to my college Xavier's, yay!!!!!
Awwwww...thank you swb. One of my favorite songs at that too.
Slumdog hmmm...dev patel is actually cute. Especially when he says that we'll live on love.. so corny but I loved it.
LLG
the movie was not awesome but a million times better than the usual oscar-hopefuls we have. or the typical bollywood masala movies.
this is not for you swb. the comments below are for those hypocrites i've been reading a lot these days in the news.
one thing i can't understand, why are people getting their panties (or shorts or loin-clothes!!!) in a twist over this movie's depiction of india? about 75% of india's population are living below $2 a day, and we account for one-third of the world's poor. i would say, this movie is more indian or depicts india in a more honest way than our NRIs, software engineers, malls, pubs, SUVs, designer clothes... protrayed in our typical indian movies produced and directed by real so-called-patriotic indians.
riots happen everyday in this country 'coz of different gods, languages, looks, castes....that's another truth we can't ignore by saying india is great.
and if you are ashamed of the movie showing our real country, do something about it instead of cribbing or whining.
Hmmm..haven't watched the movie yet, but I have received mixed reactions from people I know.
Somehow I feel if the movie has done so well, considering that all of it has been shot in India and revolves around a typical Indian cast; how come Indian directors aren't recognized? It's quite sad. Indian cinema is different yet intense. And I'm not sure if the intensity and impact of SlumDog has been achieved only because of a non-Indian director! If it has, then it's unfair!
I liked the movie but still don't understand the fuss. Freida's nice though. The smile's luminous
hey swb!!! am perfectly fine re. so sweet of u to check. was travelling...and pls dont take all those stories i write seriously....i can see that am very bad at it. hehehe
Hugs!!
bips
You did it again, didn't you.
well yeah..highly overrated for the Oscars methinx. Nice usual mush.
Naw..you can't be a wedding singer..You've got to be real fat..Some years till the beer gets you there...
Frieda is taken ;)
Post a Comment