After seeing how he'd become the object of much teasing in the office in recent days, I said to the guy called Ramalinga Raju-- Why not change it for some time to Rajalinga Ramu? Not too much of a hassle really ... cuz you'd be leaving the Ling where it is and just moving Rama and Raju around. He didn't seem to get the humour.
But seriously, Satyam- who would have thought huh? Who's next I wonder - Infosys, Wipro? And now the government has stepped in to bail them out. Which is both a good and a bad thing. Good because we know that if the next one to go under is the company we're working for it's not all curtains for us. Bad because it sends out the wrong (or the right, whichever way you look at it) message to all the other aspiring Ramalingas out there. And God knows how many there are.
***
Slumdog Millionaire. Start with what's a slumdog? I think it's important that the makers of the film clarify. Because from what I've read there's a very real danger that people outside of India watching the movie might somehow be inclined to call us all slumdogs. Just think- the Indian Street in Edison, NJ (actually they're almost all Indian streets there) could end up getting called Slumdog Avenue! Hell, the state of New Jersey itself could well go from being the Garden to 'The Slumdog State'.
But don't you just love Freida (Pinto)? Yeah, she's pretty, isn't she? I tell you I'm gonna watch that damn movie just for her. And I'm not saying that cuz she's one of us*.
*Actually she's Mangy but that's ok ... we'll make a concession here.
***
My first weekend off this New Year. I feel like doing something ... have a few drinks with the boys, maybe go out to town, I don't know. Anything but sit here and blog.
Jack Johnson and Ben Harper. Tell me how you like the vocals on this one .... High Tide or Low Tide.
But seriously, Satyam- who would have thought huh? Who's next I wonder - Infosys, Wipro? And now the government has stepped in to bail them out. Which is both a good and a bad thing. Good because we know that if the next one to go under is the company we're working for it's not all curtains for us. Bad because it sends out the wrong (or the right, whichever way you look at it) message to all the other aspiring Ramalingas out there. And God knows how many there are.
***
Slumdog Millionaire. Start with what's a slumdog? I think it's important that the makers of the film clarify. Because from what I've read there's a very real danger that people outside of India watching the movie might somehow be inclined to call us all slumdogs. Just think- the Indian Street in Edison, NJ (actually they're almost all Indian streets there) could end up getting called Slumdog Avenue! Hell, the state of New Jersey itself could well go from being the Garden to 'The Slumdog State'.
But don't you just love Freida (Pinto)? Yeah, she's pretty, isn't she? I tell you I'm gonna watch that damn movie just for her. And I'm not saying that cuz she's one of us*.
*Actually she's Mangy but that's ok ... we'll make a concession here.
***
My first weekend off this New Year. I feel like doing something ... have a few drinks with the boys, maybe go out to town, I don't know. Anything but sit here and blog.
Jack Johnson and Ben Harper. Tell me how you like the vocals on this one .... High Tide or Low Tide.
9 comments:
Ramalinga Raju : Slumdog Millionaire.... I guess the connections are unintended. But the timing just proved otherwise !
I'd suggest you go get that bike. :-)
--Hyde.
Rajalinga Ramu? That's brilliant, SWB! Still giggling. You should be in advertising, really.
hahahaha! The 'Rajalinga Ramu' got me all cracking up on a Monday morning.
It wont be very surprising if the firangis think we all live in poverty stricken areas..
And Freida Pinto is gorgeous! Now she's what i call a pretty face.
Fantastic track, Swb. Really like the guitars...and the voices compliment each other.
Awesome week ahead.
Any other Mangys you'd consider making a concession for? :)
Hey SwB! Happy New Year to you too. There's still 11 months to go, so am not too late.
boy am i glad to have dropped by... Jack Johnson i'd marry him if i could or rather if he would! :-)
oh and Happy 09 to you Mr.Blues!
ha ha ha. You are totally saying it because she's one of 'us' . Happy new year to you too swb...make it special ;) LLG
Now if our Mangy Pao stopped the twirling the r's and using 'absolutely' a hundred times over: 'I asked the choreographer if I could use my salsa steps and he said it would be absolutely alright' we would make more of a claim on her and say yes the beauties with brains come from our Mangy lands and actually raise a fuss when you Goankars called her your own ;)
Post a Comment