One of the perks (if you can call it that) of travelling these inter-city Volvo buses is you get to watch some of them Bollywood movies you would never see otherwise. And that's how this time I happened to see Rab - or rather Aditya Chopra - Ne Bana Di one crapload of a movie. Masand is right when he uses the word 'contrived'. And I'd say it's unfair to call it a modern day fairytale, because fairytales come with a message or a moral. This one comes with nothing - just one very sweet looking Punjabi kudi. And I can understand that there might be a Punjabi kudi dumb enough not to recognize her own husband after a makeover, but when that husband happens to be Shahrukh Khan, it just cannot be. Because along with the hair, the clothes and the mousche, he'd have to get himself one heck of a nose job!
***
Last day of the year. I hope '09 delivers on everything '08 couldn't - for you personally, and for the world and mankind in general. As for me I hope to put more effort into my music, pick up another degree, and just be a better person than I was this year. Also maybe travel a little.
As for the Blues, yeah I think we'll be around.
Close it with the Blues Brothers. Cheers!
***
Last day of the year. I hope '09 delivers on everything '08 couldn't - for you personally, and for the world and mankind in general. As for me I hope to put more effort into my music, pick up another degree, and just be a better person than I was this year. Also maybe travel a little.
As for the Blues, yeah I think we'll be around.
Close it with the Blues Brothers. Cheers!
10 comments:
This is my first comment here tho' i ve been following your blog for almost 2 years. I like ur writing style, and am almost addicted. Please do continue with the 'Saltwater Blues'. Wish u a gr8er 2009!
Hey Swb, wish you a great 2009! Keep writing! :)
appy new year
Hey salty.... Wishing you a wonderful yeah ahead. :-)
And btw.. are you not checking the your yahoo box?
Happy New Year!
PS. Don't get too drunk we all know you're a li'l peeso already ;)
Awesome New Year to u, SwB. Here's hoping for peace, love and music in '09.
appy new year...hic!! :)
happy New Year!
Happy New Year .. ah that movie was pooo
Happy New Year Buddy. Have a Grt Year Ahead.
Travelling is something i too am looking forward for 2009.
Post a Comment