May 1, 2008

If I had known they had scattered his ashes there I'd have said hello. It was around dusk on a chilly September evening when we took the boat across Lake Geneva. I stood out at the front staring into the vast expanse of blue ahead, the breeze tearing into my face. With only one thought on my mind - the nothingness of it all.

***

Thanks for all your comments on the previous post. 5 years really is a long time to be at it. But the Blues to me is more than just a blog, it's like a friend I can talk to any time.

And so to celebrate our association I'm gonna be playing here, time permitting, some of my favourite songs this week. Songs that to me are more than just songs ... anthems if you will.

This one by a man who from such ordinary beginnings rose to leave his mark on the world forever. His music (and his electrifying stage presence) always leaves me spellbound, marvelling at the sheer brilliance that was Freddie Mercury.

Like he once said: You either have the magic or you don't!

1 comment:

Dreamcatcher said...

This is one of my favourite Queen songs :) In fact one of my favourite songs of all times :)