Someone said there'd been an accident up ahead. Half an hour of crawling through traffic later, I see the truck stopped on one side of the road. As we come up closer I can see the mangled frame of a motorcycle jammed under the front tyre. I turn my head away somewhat instinctively. But something strikes me as strange .... no blood, no splattered remains, nothing. They couldn't have cleaned up the mess that quickly. Then I see him, still holding his helmet, badly shaken ... a couple of bystanders trying to bring him back to his senses. The look on his face was one of disbelief. That he was still alive.
It takes a second ... to change everything. To bring faith back to one who had none; to remove the bitterness from one who was engulfed in it; to be grateful for what you have left ... and to want to make the best of it.
It takes a second ... to change everything. To bring faith back to one who had none; to remove the bitterness from one who was engulfed in it; to be grateful for what you have left ... and to want to make the best of it.
5 comments:
:)
a life changing second
I still remember the looks passersby had when they looked at me, intact with no broken bones, after looking at my bike, wrecked at a dozen places.
Right said blues!
Saying this at the risk of sounding super-pessimistic - but its my risk.
It also takes just one second, one moment to lose faith, to lose all the happiness that one might have and to realise there is nothing left to live for...
Post a Comment