September 15, 2007

I'm not anti-Hindu or anything but I hate how every Hindu festival spills out onto the streets, resulting in a public nuisance. I think the Gods would much rather be venerated in peoples homes than be made an exhibition of on street corners and at traffic intersections.

***

Jammed with couple of the boys from work this afternoon. Too bad there was no booze. Dry day. So many things in this country just don't make any sense. Like this Ram Sethu nonsense that has put the government in a spot. Ram should have done everyone a favour and just parted the waters.

***

JC went to see a movie with a boy today. Something which in my book qualifies as a date, even though she insists it wasn't. Anyway, whatever it was, she is now being subjected to a thorough interrogation ... quite funny to hear the old man giving her the gyaan on what goes on in the minds of young men these days - guilty until proven innocent!

***

O.K. How many of you with me on this -- Twenty 20 just ain't cricket. It has totally killed the strategic/tactical aspect of the game. And that bowl-out thing used to decide a tie is the most ridiculous shit I've ever seen ... it's like a football penalty shoot-out without the goalkeeper!

Heard it through the grapevine ... Mr. John "who'll stop the rain" Fogerty & Creedence Clearwater Revival.

10 comments:

S said...

hmm...I'd started thinking that cricket was becoming a tad boring...20 20 puts a little spice back into it...no?!

Dreamcatcher said...

Lovely song :)
Made my morning.

Melody said...

The bowl out is rather ridiculous - but it was a crazy exciting match now, come on admit it?!!

Anonymous said...

Lovely song! Thanks for introducing me to that. Quite a groovy beat.

Incidentally what DOES go on in the minds of the young these days? Nothing much, I can attest. :))

heh? ok said...

when they introduce five overs a side cricket matches to keep up with our ever shortening attention spans, folks will be nostalgic for the twenty 20.

Anjali said...

Pardon the ignorance, but I had no clue that CCR sang this - always liked the song though. Thanks for putting up.

Stone said...

Yeah, thats some cheap-thrills tamasha...not cricket definitely!!

Keshi said...

**but I hate how every Hindu festival spills out onto the streets, resulting in a public nuisance

my mum is Hindu but I'd hv to agree with u here :) And also I dun like making big noise to praise the lord..for godssakes! LOL!


Keshi.

Sandhya Menon said...

that's true of many festivals... Mount Mary festival makes Reclamation seriously uninhabitable, so do many muslim thingies that walk around on Mahim whenever a whim strikes them. but you're right, hindus are damn annoying about their festivals!
this T20 --- annoying annoying annoying, when it's not being fixed, that is. It's over before I start enjoying it.
Gimme a test any day :)

AB said...

Well it might have killed the strategic aspect, but it sure hasn't killed the fans.