I completed a month on the new job yesterday. There are lots of things I don't like about the place ... stuff I miss from the old company. Like paper cups. India's third largest IT company and they don't got paper cups. Bludy pisses me off. You gotta taka a damn mug and wash it before and after you have your coffee. Is this how they counter the effects of the appreciating Rupee, I wonder? Just a matter of time before they tell us to bring our own coffee in a flask from home. Also there are no paper napkins in the loo (nobody seems to know why) ... next thing you know there'll be no toilet tissue! Seriously, it wouldn't surprise me.
***
So Mel's gone interactive. Pretty damn cool having your blogger talk to you, innit? But don't be expecting me to do no such thing ... public speaking is something that always scared me shitless.
I was wondering the other day -- how many of you actually like the music I play .... and how many of you even listen? Not too many I reckoned. So it was nice to get an email from Sangy this morning telling me the music does nice things for her soul :)
And she's got a request ... seems she's a Paul Hewson fan. Me too. Awesome bugger that Paul Hewson. Here he is babe ... just for you.
***
So Mel's gone interactive. Pretty damn cool having your blogger talk to you, innit? But don't be expecting me to do no such thing ... public speaking is something that always scared me shitless.
I was wondering the other day -- how many of you actually like the music I play .... and how many of you even listen? Not too many I reckoned. So it was nice to get an email from Sangy this morning telling me the music does nice things for her soul :)
And she's got a request ... seems she's a Paul Hewson fan. Me too. Awesome bugger that Paul Hewson. Here he is babe ... just for you.
20 comments:
Don't stop putting up the music! we love it! and hey back from Switzerland?
Show me one straight woman who doesn't find Bono hot! :)
And the paper cup ban - while it doesn't appeal to the sloth in me, it is indeed heartening. Else, at the rate we're going, we'll probably hafta show our kids trees in a tree museum. (and charge 'em a dollar and a half to see 'em!)
The paper cup thing possibly has something to do with saving trees too and not just rupees?
Glad you think me gone interactive is "Pretty damn cool" :D Maybe if public speaking scares you, you could try singing ;) then instead of the audio clips, it'll be a music video starring SwB - 3-in-One :)
Good luck on the marriage proposals. Been there, done that, know what you mean about being amusing & a pain at the same time!
Agree with Shub and Melody. And there is nothing wrong in cleaning the cups we use, is there? :-)
--AJ.
About the office computer... most of us have typically configured systems. The speakers are a distraction, so you usually get to see large Intex headsets, iPod earphones or a Sony/Panasonic headset like mine. ;-)
Did I burst your bubble? :-))
hehe...great going boss!
guilty... haven't been able to listen in yet.. no frikken speakers :( but you're becoming one of my regular blog-stops!
we get tea/coffee with real milk in our office, unlike the milk powder used in those vending machines. and it's served in real cups by the cafeteria guys, 4 times a day. i drink only once though, in the morning :-))
i have a friend who always calls Mr.Hewson "the stud", and no, my friend's not gay:-)
Hey SwB...my guess is that you're working for Wipro (no paper cups, tissues etc.) I felt the same way when I joined. One of the major causes for sick leaves...another thing... they dont have disposable stuff because they are ISO:9001 complaint...and they take your intelligence for granted.. :)
For work, women, music and marriage, Cheers :)
dude...ur company is actually doing what big companies SHOULD be doing. it's conserving paper.. And mugs sure are cool.. folks at our place use mugs most of the time. :)
and frankly..asli maza mugs mein hee hota hai :P
doing away with paper cups is great. we should seriously make an effort to do away with the plastic/paper. when i first came to the US i was shocked at how easily they use disposables when alternatives are there ... but just takes a bit more effort. can you imagine the effect on our environment if india (with our massive population) also uses disposables irresponsibly like the US does? and like someone said already mugs are cool...
I must confess (it seems to be my day for confessions no matter how unsought they are) that I started coming here because of the music...
cheers
z
paul hewson? he's paul hewson? i didn't know. i love him anyway. thankee, both for the song (you know it's one of those that make me go .....)and for saving the trees. you won't believe how my hometown has changed because of deforestation.
stick to the mugs, save the trees :)
i absolutely LOVE the music u play with each post. don't usually stop to mention it, because tht wud make it a standard comment now, wudn't it? and yes, bono. he's hot. he's the man. he's got the voice. THAT is music.
Hmn...either ways we are wasting a valuable natural resource...Wood in having paper cups and Very precious water in washing the mugs...Therefore, I think we should choose the lesser evil:) i.e. paper cups:)
P.S: I always hated the dirty brown and unhygienic mugs in our college canteen!
Hey I listen to the songs too!
Am I dreaming this, or there was a post after this which was about your wish list for your perfect woman, and now that post is not there!!! Do I like your blog so much, that I'm now imagining posts that you never wrote? I also thought I left a comment! Tell me I'm sane, and that you deleted the post!!!
i like the other band members in U2..the way they interact with each other is so cool to just watch!'course Bono is awesome. especially in concert!! i saw them just once! and i was hooked~!!
I think best thing to save both water and wood be to not to drink
coffee/tea at all.
It will be good for ur health as well for environment.:-)
Post a Comment