May 13, 2007

RD's back from the US. He's been with Microsoft for nearly 10 years. And now he doesn't want to make any more money. He wants to help street children live a better life, become productive citizens. I've offered to help him.

***

I went to watch a movie yesterday. Alone. Some girls from the office happened to be there. I noticed a couple of weird looks ... yeah I have no one to take to a movie. I could have asked the Butterfly but I just wanted to see this one alone. Guy and girl sitting next to me were starting to get cozy but something about me seemed to put them off. Perhaps it shows on my face - that I have become so hard ... so cold. Maybe those street kids will help me change.

***

The movie - Metro. I liked those three guys who show up between scenes, singing and playing their guitars (borrowed that from There's something about Mary, haven't they?). For what would our lives be without music. I know I would be dead.

Konkona put in a really good performance. I mustn't forget to tell her. We've got a mutual admiration thing going here - she reads my blog, I watch her movies. The movie itself - well, considering the director had to take the lives of so many people and weave them into a two hour film, I'd say he's done a pretty good job.

***

I just remembered that May 11th completed four years that this blog has been in existence. Four years in which so much has changed ... and yet so much remains the same.

Some Dire Straits today. For all the lives who have touched me in some way or the other these past four years - it's been a wonderful journey. For PB, Madcap, michelle, Zen, Sandhya, Bunny, Liselle, Aakanksha, OrangeCloud and all those who were my very first blog buddies. And how can I forget my man Manu - he's been around almost as long as I have. I know he likes this song ... Telegraph Road.



~ Ain't no dark till something shines! ~

19 comments:

tan said...

i've tagged you. check http://fingerrhoea.blogspot.com/2007/05/this-is-fun.html

: )

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary blousy! that reminds me that it's gonna happen soon here too :p

Sita said...

happy blogging!

do fill me in on the children. very, very interested.
(aside from the whole child rights angle, i've been slapped by one over candy. we have vengeance issues ;) )

zypsy said...

swb, just wanna tell you that the aerosmith concert's at bangalore. tickets at 1200 & 1800. my prayers have been answered:-))

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary!

Bunny

manuscrypts said...

thank ye.. and look at the coinkidinks, i have posted on 'metro' too :)

Anonymous said...

happy anniversary salty!

Anonymous said...

hey salty...happy anniversary :)

/me also says hi to bunny.

Sig said...

Happy anniversary SwB :) When I have a moment will go through the archives and read it all...I like what I read now.... :)

I think children have the ability to melt any heart. Have fun :)

mad angles said...

Thanks just to your first blog buddies.. what about the rest of us, huh? :(

But well, happy blogversary. It's been wonderful reading this blog... and knowing you! :)

Jason said...

Wow! 4 years and where was i all this time...

I have missed out on a lot :(

Sneha said...

Happy Blog Anniversary!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary.. I have lost count now.. how long I have been online..probably 3.5..I think
btw.. I have thought many a times too..that I should just go watch a movie (alone) because I like it, and not wait for someone else also to say so.. but that day has never come! :)

- Moony dropped by :)

Dreamcatcher said...

Happy blog-anniversary :)

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday time I see. :-)

--AJ.

Aqua said...

happy anniversary SWB. i've completed abt 4 yrs in blogosphere too...but never realised it :) considering i'm such an intermittent blogger :)

and konkanan sen reads your blog? and you know her?!!! i'm very starstruck...why don't you interview her for yr blog readers :)

Kavi said...

Happy Anniversary ! Four years is a long time !!!

Anonymous said...

we are feeling left out!

grrrrrrrrr

Anonymous said...

and i need to know more about the initiative for street children