September 24, 2006

Khosla Ka Ghosla is a good film - definitely the best I've seen this year. And if I say a Hindi movie is good, you can be rest assured* that it is bludy good ... that is if you're not the kind who wants to see Mallika's bazooms. But Tara Sharma is pretty too ... sweet I should say (in an ordinary kinda way); and I never really noticed her bazooms. That in fact is what I liked about the film -- everyone fits into their roles so well, and the whole thing appears so natural, you forget to notice the other stuff you would notice when you're watching a movie with a shit story (Like Pyaar ke Side effects ... Rahul Bose must have been pretty broke to do thrash like that).

* one of my favourite Indian English errors

***

Also very good is the Dixie Chicks' new album Taking the Long Way. Not sure if it's available in music stores here yet ... I downloaded some of the tracks on Limewire. It seems the Dixie Chicks are now officially the world's largest selling all-girl band (across all genre's) .... Yep, even more than Westlife! :)

And frankly I'm not surprised. Because their earlier album Wide Open Spaces has sold more copies than any other country album in history. And that's one album every country music lover simply must own. I've listened to it a million times and can never tire of Natalie's gorgeous voice. I even took it with me to Goa, and I gotta tell you- sitting there out on my grandmothers porch with my glass of urak, there is nothing I'd rather have listened to.

***

You know it's funny - I've searched Orkut high and low and I haven't been able to locate a single one of my classmates, boy or girl .... Bludy weird! Maybe they're all dead; maybe our class was cursed or something (come to think of it I always suspected that chemistry teacher Annie Jacob to be a witch). I kid you not - with the exception of Nina (Manuel) who's a big-shot model in Bombay, I have no clue as to the whereabouts of anybody else. Even Google searches for their names don't throw up anything (not even on the bugger who went to Stanford!). So it's just me and Nina. And she's probably cavorting with some sissy-boy from the fashion business.

***

So what's all this I hear about schools in Karnataka being ordered to switch to Kannada or face closure? .... I'm sure the last thing educators want is kids going around saying 'Yenn Sirr' instead of Good Morning :)

BFN.

11 comments:

mad angles said...

You should try joining one of your school/college communities you know, most classmates would be linked to that. I'm sure they have no friggin clue who "saltwater blues" is - or were you called that in school? :)

d4u said...

All the performances are superlative in Khosla ka Ghosla...a must watch indeed!! And Dor was nice too...but dunno if its ur kinds...kinda serious movie

Sneha said...

hmm.. yep, take essar's advice! every second person is on orkut.. every person having access to internet is on orkut!! u just have to find them!!
n why should male models (or designers for that matter) be 'sissy-boys'?? :D

Joviel said...

Boy I spent a good part of my monday morning reading thru ur posts.. the old ones.. me likes :) and update ur other blog oftener ;D

Anonymous said...

Which school were you in ? I have a friend here who was also from Nasik ...

Anonymous said...

Egzactly same happened with me, bludy none of my classmates are there.....well I guess this orkut thingy is for younger generation!!!
Check out Kuknoor's Dor, its pretty decent!!

Sangita S said...

Yeah heard khosla ka ghosla is real nice need to goa nd watch when I am back from Delhi. karnataka education is geting all messier day by day..Not sure where govt gets there input from as I am yet to hear from anyone who does not wnat their kids to learn english

Keshi said...

**thrash

LOL!

Keshi.

Aps said...

Well!! there's something about the language obsession where people totally miss the point. Agreed people love to talk in their native language more than anything but forcing that on others??

There's a thin line between encouraging people to use Kannada and forcing. Good Kannada literature, newspapers, cinema etc are encouraging mechanisms but when a good kannada news reporter gets a good offer from an english channel he'd just rush to delhi and speak fluent english. He's not wrong in it.. I am just pointing out the motivating factors towards a language.

Anonymous said...

lol!! Long time u talked about the dixie chicks! 'twas kinda due. :-P I recently discovered a new chick on the block... Check out Cat Power. She's kicks butt bro. Check out this album called "What would the community think?" I guess some of her stuff can be streamed from the her Web site as well... not sure.

Anonymous said...

i suspect a more sinister plot here... the hand of someone to whom nina could've innocently said "yeah right!! maybe if you were the only guy left in the class" ;)