You know how sometimes you read something somewhere and you go, “oh, I knew that.”
But it often happens that in spite of knowing it, we forget, for whatever reason. Or we choose not to remember.
Until someone reminds us. Like she so often does.
I wish I knew my way around the English language better, so I could say something to her.
When you’re at a party and there’s this girl you know who’s looking ever so gorgeous in that stunning new outfit; your first reaction is to tell her how lovely she looks. You know what to say, you’re programmed.
I wish I could say something to her.
...but what would she like to hear?
***
Sometimes you know nothing, yet subconsciously you feel you know everything. And at other times you’re sure you know it all, but strangely, you can't remember a thing – you go blank.
I remember in school, how after exams, there was always someone who would say something like - “I knew all the answers, but I just went blank.”
…and even then I could never understand this – how the hell do you go blank?
I never went blank. If I didn’t know something, the reason was simple - I just hadn’t studied that.
And I tell you, God would’ve had to send some of his toughest angels down from heaven to save me from the thrashing I’d get from my dad if I came home after an exam and said “I went blank”.
You cannot go blank.
***
It’s all there. In our heads somewhere. What Don Juan called “silent knowledge”.
Peace, love, and the sound of one hand clapping.
No comments:
Post a Comment