I was so damn thrilled to get her email this morning. Of all my blog friends, I think I have the most in common with her - that is as far as roots and stuff like that go.
...and somehow she brings back memories of Bahrain, and the 'wonder years' as I like to call them. Old school magazines and class photos are all I have to remember those times. I try not to look at them too often; what's the point? - its the here and now that we've got to live in.
I'm listening to 'Time after time' by Cyndi Lauper - like the class photo, this song brings back so many memories. I remember Cliffy, Trini, and myself trying to transcribe the lyrics by listening to the cassette over and over again. And the only place we could watch the video was on this British TV programme called 'Chart Attack' on Dubai Channel-33, where the reception was terrible; but in spite of that, we never missed it. I wonder If I'll ever see those guys again.
I can feel the tears welling up in my eyes as I type this, so I better stop here.
This is for you m. Don't go away again.
Lying in my bed I hear the clock tick, and think of you
Caught up in circles, confusion is nothing new
Flashback, warm nights; almost left behind
Suitcases of memories; time after time
Sometimes you picture me; I'm walking too far ahead
You're calling to me, I can't hear what you've said
Then you say: go slow; I fall behind
The second hand unwinds
If you're lost you can look and you will find me, time after time
If you fall I will catch you, I'll be waiting - time after time
Time after time.
No comments:
Post a Comment