For me the start of 2016 was like setting off on a great big ship to go on the cruise of my dreams to exotic destinations while having the time of my life.
Little did I know that very soon that ship would hit a storm and capsize and I'd be left stuck in a very tiny lifeboat in the middle of an ocean struggling to survive each day, taking on whatever the elements would throw at me. And now I lie here battered and bruised on a rocky beach after an ordeal that seemed to last a lifetime.
Ironically enough, another fancy cruise ship just pulled up a little distance away and there are all these people coming ashore, who for some strange reason are wishing me a happy new year.
I don't know about them, but I'm never getting on a cruise ship again!
***
So who do I blame? Myself for wanting so eagerly to go on that cruise, or the hand of fate for having such a sadistic sense of humour? While I'm waiting for the answer, the end result is that I have nothing to show for this year, nothing at all. And that can be quite depressing.
So I don't know if I want to wish anybody a happy new year. I'd rather just share some survival stories and pray that your ship doesn't capsize.
***
This song is dedicated to someone who's had her own share of misfortune this year, someone I love very dearly. I hope 2017 will be kinder. On the both of us.
Peace, love, and a little more luck.
2 comments:
hugs to you. Mine almost capsized too. :-) Nice to find you still blogging
You should never stop writing. I hope you are working on a book. That would be fascinating.
Post a Comment