Just like the winds eat away at the mountains over thousands of years, people I once knew as beautiful and strong now look weathered and worn. The winds of life have eaten away at them slowly and deceptively such that they cannot see it themselves, but to somebody seeing them after a while it is clearly apparent. Man you look old as shit, what the hell happened to you? is the first thing you want to say, but then you stop. Maybe I look like shit too.
2015 went by so fast it almost took me by surprise. Holy crap, another one gone! And all I did was work, work, and work. For whom, for what, I don't know any more. The thought of leaving it all and riding away into the sunset crosses my mind every single day. It was made worse by seeing so many people who have been an inseparable part of my life for so many years collapse with the weight and give up the fight. Like a comrade wounded in battle you try your best to carry their weight over your shoulders for as far as you can till your legs start to buckle. At some point you must set them down and carry on alone, which is probably the saddest point in a mans life. When he knows there is nothing more he can do for a friend.
you must leave now, take what you need, you think will last
but whatever you wish to keep, you better grab it fast
yonder stands your orphan with his gun
crying like a fire in the sun
look out the saints are comin' through
and it's all over now, Baby Blue
It would be nice if we knew for sure it would all end soon. Maybe then we could grab what's important and run, instead of dragging it behind us in a one ton trailer. I wondered what must have been going through the minds of those refugees making their way to Europe last year with only a backpack over their shoulders. But then again perhaps the only way to start anew is to let go of everything you once held precious.
***
In 2003 it was that I first started this blog. The past few years have seen it die out somewhat, but now I want to resurrect it. Because I have so much to say. And nobody to say it to.
Peace, love, and a new lease of life.
6 comments:
Welcome back SwB! Very glad to see you post here once again. I hope you, we(all personal bloggers), none of us lets this space die.
Much love!
Its great to see you back! :) Considering I had a lot of time on hands I started writing again since last year.
I am so glad you are back. Always a delight to listen you write (yes, your words almost have a voice of their own).
Oh SwB so good to have you back ! And with so much resonance
These words are so often stuck in my head as i go about my day these days. Its all over now, Baby Blue
I felt like you were talking about me - but I was never beautiful and strong
Why is it that sometimes you feel like life erodes some people. Breaks them down
While some people only glow with age and wisdom. Or are they only Fables
I meant, Why do you think life erodes some people. Breaks them down
PS: Missed you like crazy ! And Michelle and Pom too. x
Eeeeee!! So happy you are back :)
Love.
Post a Comment