August 19, 2011

To me getting rid of corruption in this country is like a project to clean the river Ganges. There is only one way to do it -- drain the river completely, clean the thousands of years of shit collected at the bottom, and shoot all those bastards who will waste no time in dirtying it again. Does Anna have any clue how he's going to do it? Or does he merely stand by the banks of the great river proclaiming that something is rotten, all the while hoping that the river will drain on its own, get cleaned by itself, and that all those filthy bastards we can do without will be so obliging as to shoot themselves in the head?

I believe that as of now the only thing Anna Hazare has done is to become a symbol of hope for those who actually believe there is some hope. But for things to change it will take a cleaning up the kinds of which has never been seen before. How many of us are willing to get our hands dirty?

Having said that, I have to say I am terribly excited at the prospect of what lies ahead post this new inquilab. Perhaps we shouldn’t even be talking about a big change. Perhaps the little changes would work just as well. Let’s wait and see. Or rather, let’s not wait and see. Let’s go out there and do our bit.

How I wish guns were freely available in this country!

4 comments:

Tamanna said...

And it is funny that this, I agree with :P Can I share this on FB?

Roy said...

well said! how about RDB?

Scarlett said...

I agree with you SwB :)

PS: You really need to blog more often.

Dr B said...

Now that was profound! Thank you for speaking my mind!