Frankly I have to say I’m a little disappointed that Aamir Khan, from whom we’ve come to expect more (given that the rest of our filmmakers barring one or two are all a bunch of idiots) would decide to dive into what I call the 'Tapori humour' genre. But judging by the hoards of (presumably intelligent) people queuing up outside cinemas to get a piece of the action, I’d say business-wise at least he has made a good decision.
Watching the trailer you know just what to expect – a ridiculously contrived plot, buffoonery, and crass, sometimes juvenile humour passing off for comedy. But when you have audiences that will laugh at practically anything, it works. In fact I reckon If I got up and cracked a joke while the movie was running, people would laugh at that too.
And have you noticed how in almost every so-called Hindi comedy there has to be a trigger event where something gets inter-changed with something else or passes into the wrong hands – be it money, jewels, a human being even, or in this case - shit! Without that mix-up nothing happens. I wonder why.
As the name of the movie itself suggests, its makers had no clue what to call it. Smelly Potty might have worked just as well!
***
I need to buy a new phone. The thought did cross my mind to buy one of those ugly black contraptions everyone seems to have these days but I will not let myself be 'Blackburied', no matter how handy those damn things are.
Even if they’re handy, are they value for money? Because really there is no greater satisfaction than getting value for money. And that’s the problem: most manufacturers will never give you value for money. Because then you will end up being satisfied for longer than they’d like. Which is not good for business.
***
My first post published using Windows Live Writer. Which is pretty cool, I think. Not everything Microsoft makes is bad!
Here’s a track that came pre-loaded with my new laptop - from a band that call themselves Assembly of Dust (wonder if they had naming issues similar to the makers of Delhi Belly). Featuring banjo maestro Béla Fleck this is Edges.
Watching the trailer you know just what to expect – a ridiculously contrived plot, buffoonery, and crass, sometimes juvenile humour passing off for comedy. But when you have audiences that will laugh at practically anything, it works. In fact I reckon If I got up and cracked a joke while the movie was running, people would laugh at that too.
And have you noticed how in almost every so-called Hindi comedy there has to be a trigger event where something gets inter-changed with something else or passes into the wrong hands – be it money, jewels, a human being even, or in this case - shit! Without that mix-up nothing happens. I wonder why.
As the name of the movie itself suggests, its makers had no clue what to call it. Smelly Potty might have worked just as well!
***
I need to buy a new phone. The thought did cross my mind to buy one of those ugly black contraptions everyone seems to have these days but I will not let myself be 'Blackburied', no matter how handy those damn things are.
Even if they’re handy, are they value for money? Because really there is no greater satisfaction than getting value for money. And that’s the problem: most manufacturers will never give you value for money. Because then you will end up being satisfied for longer than they’d like. Which is not good for business.
***
My first post published using Windows Live Writer. Which is pretty cool, I think. Not everything Microsoft makes is bad!
Here’s a track that came pre-loaded with my new laptop - from a band that call themselves Assembly of Dust (wonder if they had naming issues similar to the makers of Delhi Belly). Featuring banjo maestro Béla Fleck this is Edges.
10 comments:
Believe it or not, 'Blackbury' is total value for money. BBM is the best thing invented since Facebook. Once you own a Blackberry, you can't go back to life without one.
Value For Money depends on your criteria. I find my Nokia XpressMusic (two years and counting) value for money because it can make calls, has a GPS unit that I can use when I go travelling and lets me listen to music when I want to. It is sturdy and the battery lasts long. What is yours?
As for intelligence, today it means having a degree and being able to spout opinion in English. So that way we all are intelligent. Fret not :-)
you must write more often....
BB is value for money, especially if you stick with the basic ones. Like Curve 3G. I will be honest with you, I think middle class folks splurging on Torch is a little unreasonably aspirational. Does that make sense? :)
Guilty as charged, I think I am sort of intelligent, and I liked Delhi Belly. Mainly because I have had enough of hating movies in the last couple of years so I am going to like anything that is not Madhur Bhandarkar or another rerun of the "new gen love stories" or Aisha.
Also, did you buy a laptop (remember that update about buying on FB a few months ago)? Dell? HP doesn't have a Live Writer. My Dell used to. And I used to LOVE it too!
THANKS! Agree on Delhi Belly.
Phone? Get any. BB is not required. Whatsapp works on all platforms. My Moto Android phone is the 'Apple' of my eye :P
finally some sane comments on delli belly! its a crappy movie but cant say that in public, every bugger seems to like it
Argh! I just realized what my comment sounds like! Not that Live Writer comes WITH Dell. God I sounded like the girl in my college who said her computer was Samsung. Because her monitor was Samsung :P
Though I loathe the BB browser (and so don't use it at all) I find the BB itself quite useful as I don't spend money on texting anymore! I use BBM to chat with friends who are in other countries even, and it doesn't cost me anything. And for those who are no on the BB, I use gtalk to chat with.
Which also means I've reduced my phone bill quite a bit, cos now I chat most of the time, and call using VOIP. muuuuch cheaper.
Aww, it's tough to be the guy who hates what everyone loves. I was all set to write off Delhi Belly, what with the eww toilet scenes but it sure got better!
How about a read or re-read of Three Men In A Boat to improve your mood? That's a guaranteed fun ride, no?
I'm not into the whole configuring my email accounts and calendars, syncing contacts, and loading applications on my mobile phone. And I think I can honestly say that I'd like to keep my life with the technological world simple.
If you want to make dinner reservations, browse Amazon, order food, open up and edit all kinds of documents, book movie tickets, read the latest novel, Tweet, update Facebook, play the piano and accompany yourself on drums, fly an airplane (a fake one, that is), make sure your desk is level (who wants a sloping desk?), retouch pictures and scan barcodes (I'm not sure why you would need to do that but ppl apparently find it cool for some completely unknown reason) all without leaving the comfort of home. Then get the iPhone.
If you want all of these and more and not spend a bomb, then an Android/Smartphone. But honestly, the Nokia Smartphone X6 works pretty well for me and they're not very expensive.
Post a Comment