Why is it so hard for some people to believe you want nothing from them. Nothing at all.
***
The end of August. Good things have been happening. At work I finally get my license to kick ass. Like that guy sitting in the dugout waiting for his chance to make centerfield. Waiting waiting waiting. Until one day the coach decides, -- Ok you, Blues, get in there! Behenc#@d ab mein dikhaunga, is the first thing that comes to mind as you're walking out, bat in hand, so sure you're gonna hit a home run the very first time you make contact with that sweet apple. But I'm too old and too hammered to do that, ain't I? Of course. Just take it cool brother, take it cool. Your success in battle depends not on how much ammo you have or how sophisticated your weapon, but on how well you keep your eyes and ears open. The best of men get killed because they try to be heroes. No, I would rather be the coward who lives to fight another day than the hero who gets it in the chest.
***
So I don't get this thing with some people: They actually think they're worth the attention they demand. Well I hate to break it to you pal, you're not. It's like someone once said: One of the most important things you can do for yourself is take a good hard look in the mirror from time to time.
We had a session the other day where we had to come up with answers to the question, Who am I? One guy said he's James Bond. Yeah, and I'm Lady Gaga!
A tough question to answer though if you really think about it -- Who am I?
Don Henley and the lads call themselves The Eagles. From Long Road out of Eden, Waiting in the weeds. Nice weekend.
***
The end of August. Good things have been happening. At work I finally get my license to kick ass. Like that guy sitting in the dugout waiting for his chance to make centerfield. Waiting waiting waiting. Until one day the coach decides, -- Ok you, Blues, get in there! Behenc#@d ab mein dikhaunga, is the first thing that comes to mind as you're walking out, bat in hand, so sure you're gonna hit a home run the very first time you make contact with that sweet apple. But I'm too old and too hammered to do that, ain't I? Of course. Just take it cool brother, take it cool. Your success in battle depends not on how much ammo you have or how sophisticated your weapon, but on how well you keep your eyes and ears open. The best of men get killed because they try to be heroes. No, I would rather be the coward who lives to fight another day than the hero who gets it in the chest.
***
So I don't get this thing with some people: They actually think they're worth the attention they demand. Well I hate to break it to you pal, you're not. It's like someone once said: One of the most important things you can do for yourself is take a good hard look in the mirror from time to time.
We had a session the other day where we had to come up with answers to the question, Who am I? One guy said he's James Bond. Yeah, and I'm Lady Gaga!
A tough question to answer though if you really think about it -- Who am I?
Don Henley and the lads call themselves The Eagles. From Long Road out of Eden, Waiting in the weeds. Nice weekend.
3 comments:
You're getting old and petty Bluesy! :)
Nobody is paranoid. They just need space to breathe. A lot of space indeed. And of course they are all attention-seekers. :D
Leaving comments itself is seeking attention isn't it?
Anyway, have a great, great trip and fantastic to hear about the work situation. What chances of my getting a gap jeans out of you? :P (excuse the impudence!) :)
Lady Gaga! ROFL
Who am I?
I have no idea who you are! but ur blog makes my day when Im depressed! Just wanted to let u know...!
Post a Comment