February 26, 2010

Up in the Air is such a brilliant movie. At the end of it you realize life is like playing on a see-saw: By yourself all you get is the lows ... the highs come only with company. Even if it's the bottle.

Simon & Garfunkel.

14 comments:

Jaya said...

it left me quite sad.

Much ado about nothing.... said...

The timing is interesting. I wonder how someone who has lost a job in this recession feels about the movie. But then again I wonder why are we stuck with MNIK.. wheres out desi clooney??

rakhi said...

I'm going to watch the film in today's morning show at 10a.m. :) Your post just nailed it. I'd liked the review too so should go catch the film when it's still at the theatres. And S&G - *grin* One of my all-time favs. Great, great song...

Tamanna said...

Hmmmm.. Must watch then :)

Eveline said...

The movie was good but it makes me extreeeeemely sad.

Tripti Chouhan said...

haven't seen the movie yet...but well...you know you may be happy even by yourself but you would never be that happy. and you won't know the difference until you experience both. u know what they say, happiness is best shared.

mentalie said...

what a grim thought. thank you for the S&G though. they can usually fix anything.

Anonymous said...

Lovely movie.
One of the year's best.

However, The Hurt Locker is the front runner at the Awards this season.

Unknown said...

Its been a real long day.Simon will get me through.

xte2yzyo said...

Its a sad movie =(, and I love this song.

Seema Smile said...

I've heard so much about the movie, but unfortunately I couldn't catch it due to last minute change of plans every single time I tried.
Will have to wait for the DVD now. Will take your advice and have people over to watch it together.

Flickering Cursor said...

Damn it, can't believe Precious won over this at the Academies. One of the best written films in recent times.

But only to be expected, in a year where Hurt Locker sweeps, the standards are already set pretty low.

Anonymous said...

Hoy! Next please.

Bun

Judy Balan said...

Even if it is the bottle? Really? I don't know about that. Just bottle for company, makes me fall off see-saw :|