I may not be his biggest fan but for this I give him a thumbs up. His buddy Johar I'm sure would have wasted no time apologizing and might even have gone a step further to prove his love for the Marathi Manoos by offering to rename his next project to My name is Karandikar.
And why is it still being called Bollywood? Shouldn't it be Mollywood now that Bombay is Mumbai and has been for so long? Something the supremos at the SS and MNS might want to take up.
I think the only way to teach the blighters a lesson would be for every non-Maharashtrian in Mumbai to pack his bags and leave the city for some time. It would be fun to see what will become, or rather what will be left, of the Mumbai the self-appointed torchbearers of Marathi pride so vehemently claim is 'theirs'. Even more fun would be to see the local IPL team, the Mumbai Indians, playing on a new home ground somewhere in Gujarat.
***
The Everly Brothers from way back when -- When will I be loved. Which I suspect is the lament of most Biharis, Bhaiyyas, and what have you in the great city of Bombay.
And why is it still being called Bollywood? Shouldn't it be Mollywood now that Bombay is Mumbai and has been for so long? Something the supremos at the SS and MNS might want to take up.
I think the only way to teach the blighters a lesson would be for every non-Maharashtrian in Mumbai to pack his bags and leave the city for some time. It would be fun to see what will become, or rather what will be left, of the Mumbai the self-appointed torchbearers of Marathi pride so vehemently claim is 'theirs'. Even more fun would be to see the local IPL team, the Mumbai Indians, playing on a new home ground somewhere in Gujarat.
***
The Everly Brothers from way back when -- When will I be loved. Which I suspect is the lament of most Biharis, Bhaiyyas, and what have you in the great city of Bombay.
11 comments:
Count Pune too and would love to see how IT firms work once non-MHians leave :)
True for most parts of the country.
It's such an irony.. globally people are celebrating the world becoming a smaller place.. and we have politicians making an issue about "non localites" working in the cities...
i think the shiv sena should rename itself the dangerously stupid sena.
kjo is a bloody faggot and has no balls.
and i mean this with utmost deference and respect for all the other gay people out there.
Talking of Bollywood can't think of a single bigshot Maharashtrian hero/ producer: AB, Vidhu Vinod, SRK, Chopras, Rahman, Pookutty, Akshay, Katrina, Preity all from outside.
And those from Mumbai: AK, SK are Muslims, there bete noir or Sindhis (Hirani), Punjabis (Dutt, Kapoor) etc etc
And like it or not Bollywood is a big part of profiling Mumbai abroad and in India
Karandikar... couldn't help laugh at the play on the name. :-D
--Hyde.
My name is Karandikar - brilliant!
My friends and I often wonder too what Bombay (am not frightened, see?) would be reduced to without non- MHs!
My blood boils, really. I don't understand dividing the country on such baseless things. I simply don't understand it!
P.S. - Loved "My Name Is Karandikar" :D
SRK's comment may jst be another way of publicity.Btw, he could have chosen a Pakistani player in the IPL auction and set an example instead of just commenting afterwards. just a thought though!
Yeah I loved him for standing up too. Don't think it was for publicity. They already have enough of it don't you think? My name is Karandikar was awesome
" My name is Karandikar." haha, this is too good. he'd have definitely done it. :-) it seems he went and bowed to Raj Thakare during KANK's release.
Post a Comment