December 9, 2009

They were all slightly cold at the start. As women normally are when there's a new face around. But when the party was over I got a kiss from each one of them. Music has this ability to bring down peoples defences in a way that they warm up to you. Maybe that's why from the very first time I went up on stage I knew that was where I was always wanted to be. I loved that feeling of being with them but not among them.

Sadly for me that has been the way my life has turned out too -- so much adulation, so little love. And it's all my fault.

Ben Harper & Alison Krauss. For L. You don't know how much I wanted to.

6 comments:

Purely Narcotic said...

Hope all's well, SwB. I read it was a Ben Harper-Alison Krauss song and I just had to drop in to say hello.

Nice pic of you being all susegaad in Dubai, men! ;)

Parul said...

Better than no adulation AND no love, no?

Anonymous said...

Heh, know that feeling.

--Hyde.

Anonymous said...

Hi SwB,
Love your blog... have become a regular now. Take care.

Jaya said...

tear tear today

rakhi said...

Have lurked for quite some time now. :) But this song was soulful enough to warrant a round of delurking.
I know what you mean here.