Life sometimes is like that fabulous outfit or pair of shoes you happen to see in a shop display only to go in and find they don't have it in your size.
***
The cousins and I were chilling at Sula the other day and they happened to play this song. Such a lovely feeling it was, sipping our wine listening to Dylan with the vineyards all around and the breeze kissing our faces. The mind tends to freeze such moments and carry them along for a while. Until something comes in and replaces them.
For a special someone who (much to her horror) turns 25 tomorrow. Forever Young.
***
The cousins and I were chilling at Sula the other day and they happened to play this song. Such a lovely feeling it was, sipping our wine listening to Dylan with the vineyards all around and the breeze kissing our faces. The mind tends to freeze such moments and carry them along for a while. Until something comes in and replaces them.
For a special someone who (much to her horror) turns 25 tomorrow. Forever Young.
15 comments:
I had heard this song by Joan Baez. And I have ruined the song for some friends of mine by coming up with hidden meanings for certain lines. :P
Now did I ruin it for ya too? ha ha!
Love ur blog...frst time here..and cant stop reading..dont expct comments on every post though...too lazy for that :)
Love Joan Baez doing Forever Young. Love Clapton's cover of Sign Language. See, I like what Dylan does, but can't stand his voice!
BTW, life has NOTHING in my size!
shoe-shop = facebook. all shiny happy people.
appy new year to you swb.
:)
life is also about shopping for something, and then getting a suprise gift once in a while !!
she will love being 25 when she is over it. looking back, i feel 24 and 25 is the right age to be.
Aging is inevitable but growing up isn't. I'll always be a punk in my mind even when I'm in my 60's.
Thanks for this post, I know just what you're talking about.
Have lost my headphones so can't listen at work... is this the same Alphaville / Youth Group song? Did Joan Baez cover that?
A pair of shoes, that reminds me that I dont have a pair of awesome shoes =[
Happy 2010 Bluesy! Are you back home after all the weddings and parties? Write soon.
i've been reading every post. i've been thinking "what a guy". i've been wishing for your passion for music :) happy new year SWB
Happy 2010 Swb :)
Thanks for the link. Got the file I needed.
Kiddo my foot! hmph!!!
Why can't you reply back to the comments ?
Post a Comment