December 12, 2009

After what Mr. Woods has done, I'd say the phrase "Be a Tiger" will have taken on a whole new meaning, wouldn't you agree?

But why is the world playing judge, jury and executioner? People are shocked. How could he do that? And why? He has everything goddarnit -- Paisa, ekdum jhakkas biwi, bada ghar, his own bloomin' island in Sweden (and God knows where else), everything a bloke could ask for. So why Tiger, why?

The simple fact of the matter is that men will always be men. We love our freedom, and marriage somehow takes that away. So any opportunity we get to re-live those 'free' days we make the most of it. Problem is some of us don't know where to stop. Like Tiger.

My own cousin was evidence of this fact when I was in Dubai recently. The wife being down in India left our man with nothing to do but have a ball. In fact I couldn't have gone at a better time - what with the booze flowing like a river, the music playing loud, the football matches being watched till 2 a.m., and the Karachi Darbar down the road taking care of the catering. The best part was we could hop into the car and take off to anywhere we felt like on very short notice. You can't do that with wimmen - they need prior intimation; they need preparation time. I laughed when he said as we were leaving for Jebel Ali, -- if she were here she'd be making bludy sandwiches! Yeah, most times we can do without the sandwiches.

So does he miss his old lady? To do his laundry maybe. But for everything else? Sure doesn't seem like it. We even went to that pick-up joint I was telling you about. And though they said it was only to show me the "sights", we know better than that, don't we? --Yeah ok, we showed the boy around, but when was the last time we saw ass like that! ;)

Anyway, that's that. What I am really interested in though is to see how the great Tiger Woods plays himself out of this sandtrap. There'll be a lesson in that for all of us. Because the biggest lessons in life come not from knowing how someone went down, but how he got back up again.

Murray Head. With a song that was banned from radio play in the Middle East when I was growing up. Somewhat ironic because if you look at places like Dubai these days, a number like this wouldn't seem so inappropriate. One night in Bangkok.

3 comments:

xte2yzyo said...

I wonder why people marry/commit themselves in the first place. If being in a relationship takes away so much of what they love like their freedom, and more so if the other one is such a nag bag or of the regular tedium. In a way I'm glad she didn't hear him say that. Whatever she might be like, there are chances it might hurt her just a little bit.

LostLittleGirl said...

ha ha. Funny..this makes me sad. I know this about men, and I'm called a ball buster for saying this. How sad then that most still end up getting into the marriage situation knowing it's going to end up like this! You can always get someone to do your laundry!

i-me-myself said...

Yeah, how about living like bachelors our whole life then, in a messy, stinking house piling lard onto your arteries. I agree with the freedom bit when the kids happen - the women lose their freedom too then. But with just man and wife (and no kids yet) , life should be what both think should be, you (third person) want a party all your life, please marry someone who'll party with you. With kids, living an organized life is required.