Hyderabad the city - Didn't like it too much to be honest. The traffic is a nightmare and the riskshaw drivers are the biggest bludy cheats I've seen yet. Something about the place just made me very uneasy (I was in the Secunderabad area in case you're wondering). Also it can be tough making your way about because so many people don't speak Hindi or English. Which I guess is how it is most places down South - people don't speak much apart from their local jalebi languages*.
Hyderabadi wedding - Whoa! You need to have the stamina of a marathon runner to sit through one of those. I was exhausted just watching. And the noise - bludy hell! Near-permanent damage to my hearing is the only thing I came away with (nope, no N-Series!). Because they had not one but two nankatai bands vying with each other for supremacy in terms of decibel levels. And I ain't kidding when I say they were loud enough to shake the fillings from your teeth!
But why spend so much money on a wedding is something that beats me. The flower arrangements itself I reckon may have exceeded the cost of an entire Goan wedding ... I'm no expert but I know that orchids are freakin' expensive. And the gold on all the women put together may have been enough to open another little gold suq in Dubai. Never before have I seen ladies wearing gold belts ... yeah, big thick things around the waist. They for sure don't need need them to hold the sarees up, so I can't think of any other possible use. BDSM did come to mind but I doubt them Telugu folk are into shit like that.
Couldn't have the much acclaimed biryani this time. And to be honest I'm not sure there'll be a next time.
Happy to be home is what I'll say. Raj can stuff his Marathi down our throats but we're better off here. Hyderabad reeks of conservatism. All you see is bludy men everywhere. Where have all the flowers gone was the question on my lips. Either they are all hidden away somewhere or the sex ratio is something they need to work on pronto. In either case this is what could happen.
* Jalebi coz of they way they're written.
Hyderabadi wedding - Whoa! You need to have the stamina of a marathon runner to sit through one of those. I was exhausted just watching. And the noise - bludy hell! Near-permanent damage to my hearing is the only thing I came away with (nope, no N-Series!). Because they had not one but two nankatai bands vying with each other for supremacy in terms of decibel levels. And I ain't kidding when I say they were loud enough to shake the fillings from your teeth!
But why spend so much money on a wedding is something that beats me. The flower arrangements itself I reckon may have exceeded the cost of an entire Goan wedding ... I'm no expert but I know that orchids are freakin' expensive. And the gold on all the women put together may have been enough to open another little gold suq in Dubai. Never before have I seen ladies wearing gold belts ... yeah, big thick things around the waist. They for sure don't need need them to hold the sarees up, so I can't think of any other possible use. BDSM did come to mind but I doubt them Telugu folk are into shit like that.
Couldn't have the much acclaimed biryani this time. And to be honest I'm not sure there'll be a next time.
Happy to be home is what I'll say. Raj can stuff his Marathi down our throats but we're better off here. Hyderabad reeks of conservatism. All you see is bludy men everywhere. Where have all the flowers gone was the question on my lips. Either they are all hidden away somewhere or the sex ratio is something they need to work on pronto. In either case this is what could happen.
* Jalebi coz of they way they're written.
9 comments:
It's such a pity indeed. The Goans have English as their first language, everybody else North of the Vindhyas has Hindi and those South just have to put up with the condescending sneers- so what if the Dravidian languages date back as one of the oldest in the world and are culturally rich? It's all Madrasi after all.The poor things really.
If you think the rickshaw drivers in Hyderabad are cheats, then you haven't met 'em Chennai buggers.
Hyderabad reeks of conservatism-really? Where were you looking, men? In the gullis surrounding Charminar eh?!
Anyone who complains in Bangalore.. must see Hyd.. they will think they are in heaven.. I thought after I came back from Hyd
wow, every city has its share of quirks i guess. got to visit to discover..
I was in Hyd last year for Gitex. It was awwwful! the traffic was actually scary! I didn't get to see too many places cos I was just shuttling back and forth from the hotel to the hall, so all I can talk abt is traffic. Which was terrible.
Those are called waist bands - and are a big fashion statement er. the broader and heavier it is the better.
Oh I didn't know it was that terrible. Whatever...the Hyderabad tourism dept is not going to be very happy to read this post hehe.
just wanted to add that BLR auto drivers are the scum of humanity... Hyd's got a long way to go!
oh the pretty girls are all in mumbai (heh). can't believe you didn't like it though..
and by the way, most people speak hindi.
arent you a cynic!
Post a Comment