When I think of it we are so fortunate to come from such a lovely land. If only that land could provide us with a livelihood I'd never want to live anywhere else. Same is I'm sure with all the kids working the call centres in Bombay and Pune. There were so many of them in the buses last night. Pains you to think what that land could have been had we only taken a little interest and not sold out to the politicians. But whose fault is it? In a place like Goa that's a tough question to answer.
***
I didn't say a lot to her. Because I know she's been through this many times before. But there was something about the girl I liked - she seemed to have a kind heart. Behind that slender frame was someone who's strong; who'd be willing to go the distance and make any adjustment necessary to do that. What I thought was really cool was how she was dressed in only her jeans and tee with no visible signs of any make-up ... not even the eyeliner most women cannot live without. If I'd known I wouldn't have spent half an hour ironing that damn trouser.
***
Only real development you see in Goa is the roads. Even the remotest of villages now have good roads, making driving down them quite a pleasure. These were all taken on the drive to my mothers village of Corjuem.

***
I didn't say a lot to her. Because I know she's been through this many times before. But there was something about the girl I liked - she seemed to have a kind heart. Behind that slender frame was someone who's strong; who'd be willing to go the distance and make any adjustment necessary to do that. What I thought was really cool was how she was dressed in only her jeans and tee with no visible signs of any make-up ... not even the eyeliner most women cannot live without. If I'd known I wouldn't have spent half an hour ironing that damn trouser.
***
Only real development you see in Goa is the roads. Even the remotest of villages now have good roads, making driving down them quite a pleasure. These were all taken on the drive to my mothers village of Corjuem.

Version history??

No, this ain't CalifornIA!

Corjuem Bridge

There was some kind of Bollywood action sequence/ ad shoot happening on the bridge. Q says he saw Zayed Khan getting into the trailer parked below.

And it was a hot HOT day in Goa. But Thunder Thighs here seemed to be having little trouble coping with the heat.

The barge was positioned below the bridge. My guess is one of the guys in the jeep you see suspended above was supposed to drop down into the barge and finish off those lallus in the black suits with the toy pistols (who from the looks of it appeared mighty bored).
Before the bridge was built (some five years back) the ferry was the only way to get across.
***
I see many people used the long weekend to get away from the shit-traps we call our cities. Which is something I'm gonna be doing more often now. On motorcycle if I make up my mind to buy that Bullet.
Garfunkel & Simon. I love this song. Was listening to it on Q's big fat Ipod on the journey home. While Omkara was showing on the video. Oh, you absolutely must watch Omkara with English subtitles. Especially that Bipasha Basu number Beedi Chalaile. I laughed so freakin loud when I read the translation that went -- 'Light up your fags with the heat from my bosom!'
11 comments:
LOL :D and Bipasha's bosom sure can light em up!! :P :P
amazing photos...my cousin is planning for a Goa trip in April...i think i might just join in now!
So, will it be the Thunderbird? :)
This song made my morning :)
This is not related to the post but on Sunday, I met two different women who were raving about 'Saltwaterblues' (insert ooh-aah in girly breathy voices).
Just thought I'd let you know. :-)
I miss Goa! This brought back such fond memories!
And to think, my next trip is only in April. I miss the feni even more madly now. :-(
More photos?
There is a saying “It is a well-known fact that we always recognize our homeland when we are about to lose it.”"
Guess we all Goan staying away from home are a bit insecured about our homeland.
But to add to it, there is another saying “A man's homeland is wherever he prospers.”
Nice photographs:)
I love this place.. sigh..
...If only that land could provide us with a livelihood I'd never want to live anywhere else.
guess everyone feels the same way. imagine all the small towns and cities providing the locals with the same kind of job opportunities we get in the metros; no big-scale migration, no congestion, no real estate sharks, affordable homes, fewer communal clashes, no slums...
bipasha's hot enough to light up our fags? :-)))
Hey, nice pics- and lovely steamy song translation! And ta for the concern. Um, dunno really how to fix a broken tooth - will find out as soon as Dr. Rodriguez does his magic- later in the week.
Coming from someone who's been giving (a lot of) gyan on this topic, stick to the Electra if you like the old-school feel and look. Go for the Thunderbird or the Machismo350 only if you want speed- these models vary only in how they look. Stay away from the Machismo500 for another year.
I have a feeling you have already figured it all out. And don't forget to send pics once you "buy your freedom". :-)
Hello, loveliness. I was in Cochin a week ago and I was thinking the exact same thing about belonging there. Though technically I belong to a different part of Kerala, I'd LOVE to live in cochin -- the fish, the rain, the port, the sea. First time I've ever lived in a place with no sea here in Bangalore :(.
Arre, by the way, super nice pictures, men.
Post a Comment