Worst part of quitting your job is the handing over. You'd think them managers sitting around on their asses all day with their bludy laptops would have a back-up plan in place. But no, they believe in learning to swim when you're drowning!
To my bad luck I have to hand over to Bhopal Gas Leak Bengali. Who is so goddamn slow you'd think he's got Parkinsons. All he does is keep talking on the phone the whole time in that funny language to God knows who. Tell him to come in on Saturday and he gives me a look like he's got some marathon make-out session planned with Mrs. Gas Leak.
You know what - I am a freakin' valuable resource!
So here I am at bludy midnight making notes for Gas Leak, so the fool won't get stuck when the pressure builds up.
Sent the Butterfly an email telling her I was leaving. No reply.
Calling it a night with Tracy then. It's a good thing I got her for company. Don't you know you better run run run run run run run run... :)
To my bad luck I have to hand over to Bhopal Gas Leak Bengali. Who is so goddamn slow you'd think he's got Parkinsons. All he does is keep talking on the phone the whole time in that funny language to God knows who. Tell him to come in on Saturday and he gives me a look like he's got some marathon make-out session planned with Mrs. Gas Leak.
You know what - I am a freakin' valuable resource!
So here I am at bludy midnight making notes for Gas Leak, so the fool won't get stuck when the pressure builds up.
Sent the Butterfly an email telling her I was leaving. No reply.
Calling it a night with Tracy then. It's a good thing I got her for company. Don't you know you better run run run run run run run run... :)
6 comments:
hehehe....so the fool won't get stuck?
or the fool won't leak out when the pressure builds up?
SwB u r having a bad bad influence on o/w sane minds!
:)
hard times. sure you will manage to sail through
Good luck SwB with the new adventure :D I think it's great what you're doing - hope it all goes well...
Maybe you'll find another prettier butterfly....
You should not spoonfeed...heck let the dude figure it out on his own bah! ( came to this profound realization after struggling thru handovers hehe)
I have blessed those who took such sessions or documented their work so that unfortunate souls like me who don't know to swim can use a tube to stay afloat.
Well the pain of parting is more physical than emotional, more so cause of 'give aways'. Me any Lead, both have the release on the same date, coming Friday, and everyone is so fukin confused as to how to transition the assets. How many documents and how many manuscripts (;-)) have been handed over, maybe it was easier for Brown to get the Ministership from Blair.. ;-)
But then.. thats what u remember..
Post a Comment