Blogging wisdom ... from the old to the new/not so old.
If you try to make (too much) money from your blog by inserting (too many) ugly advertisements all over the place, you start to look like one of our Men in Blue who focus more on endorsements than the bludy cricket.
If you get the feeling that what you're about to post is utter crap, in all likelihood it is. And even if you feel that way after posting, please delete ... never mind that two days have passed. But if you don't mind posting utter crap once in a while (like me!) go right ahead.
If you have to sit down and think for more than 10 minutes about what you're going to say, log out and go have a beer.
Don't try to be politically correct and make an idiot of yourself. Shit stinks, even if you garnish it with strawberries and cream.
If you find yourself checking your blog stats/counters more than once a day, you need professional help. And if you keep refreshing you page every 15 minutes to see if there are any new comments, you need to be institutionalized.
... Talking of stats, you know the ones that show you the visitors from a particular country with the little flags and all - well, I have news for you: nobody, I repeat - NOBODY - is interested in knowing how many tribals in bludy Equatorial Guinea are reading your blog.
RSS Feeds -- Just cuz you have 235 readers does not mean there are 235 reading! So don't flatter yourself.
For the boys -- Don't get too lovey-dovey with the ladies. Because if there's one thing they're damn good at spotting, it's a creepy-crawlie.
And finally ... and most importantly -- Don't try too hard. Not everyone can be the Blues. Anybody can be an Amit Korma or Great Dong ... but it takes something very special to be the Blues! :)) ROFLMAO!!!!
***
That said, THREE CHEERS for Sarah-Jane! We love you gurl ... Mwahh, Mwahh! I gotta admit though, I didn't think she had a chance in hell! In fact, I felt Nicole was a lot better. Nicole sweetheart, we love you too!
Peace, love, and dark horses
PS: All in a lighter vein. No offence intended to anybody who might be (even remotely) offended.
If you try to make (too much) money from your blog by inserting (too many) ugly advertisements all over the place, you start to look like one of our Men in Blue who focus more on endorsements than the bludy cricket.
If you get the feeling that what you're about to post is utter crap, in all likelihood it is. And even if you feel that way after posting, please delete ... never mind that two days have passed. But if you don't mind posting utter crap once in a while (like me!) go right ahead.
If you have to sit down and think for more than 10 minutes about what you're going to say, log out and go have a beer.
Don't try to be politically correct and make an idiot of yourself. Shit stinks, even if you garnish it with strawberries and cream.
If you find yourself checking your blog stats/counters more than once a day, you need professional help. And if you keep refreshing you page every 15 minutes to see if there are any new comments, you need to be institutionalized.
... Talking of stats, you know the ones that show you the visitors from a particular country with the little flags and all - well, I have news for you: nobody, I repeat - NOBODY - is interested in knowing how many tribals in bludy Equatorial Guinea are reading your blog.
RSS Feeds -- Just cuz you have 235 readers does not mean there are 235 reading! So don't flatter yourself.
For the boys -- Don't get too lovey-dovey with the ladies. Because if there's one thing they're damn good at spotting, it's a creepy-crawlie.
And finally ... and most importantly -- Don't try too hard. Not everyone can be the Blues. Anybody can be an Amit Korma or Great Dong ... but it takes something very special to be the Blues! :)) ROFLMAO!!!!
***
That said, THREE CHEERS for Sarah-Jane! We love you gurl ... Mwahh, Mwahh! I gotta admit though, I didn't think she had a chance in hell! In fact, I felt Nicole was a lot better. Nicole sweetheart, we love you too!
Peace, love, and dark horses
PS: All in a lighter vein. No offence intended to anybody who might be (even remotely) offended.
22 comments:
LOL! OMG this is the funniest post you've written - and that I have read - in a long long time. I swear I fell of my chair!
You're right.. Amit Leiokoderma or Great Dung can never get there!
blousy, I agree with that one! It takes something special to be blousy! :) (err..whatever that implies :p )
Blurdy hilarious! Typical SwB!! And I plead guilty on almost all counts except perhaps the flags thingie. Feel free to name me if that is what inspired this post :)
:-)
Great post.. as usual :-)
But I keep checking your blog more than once a day {rather than checking if anyones commented on mine, do I still need to seek help :-)}
you smart?!?
you made so many people laugh!!
Lol!!
You are a naughty 'un:)
*BURP!!* Ok Blues, enough beer now.
Or in the words of Sir Don George Akshay Kumar, "Enough beer? Wo kya hota hai?"
Rightly said...not everyone can be the Blues! Hugs! How r u? I'm ok.
I am "distantly" offended! Especially when I realise I landed at your page from my statcounter!!
Bloody hilarious :D
"Not everyone can be the Blues. Anybody can be an Amit Korma or Great Dong ... but it takes something very special to be the Blues! :)) ROFLMAO!!!!" Words from the wise indeed! :D
"Anybody can be an Amit Korma or Great Dong ... but it takes something very special to be the Blues! :)) ROFLMAO!!!!"
this was the best! hahahahahaa
it takes an endless reservoir of patience to research on chinese foreign policy in the wee hours of the morning. i don't have endless reservoirs of patience, so i dropped by. and i wanted to laugh, but was too tired to. i'll read it again tomorrow. things shall be better than. tata.
better than??? sigh. never mind.
damn, so those 235 bastards aren't really reading, huh? lol...
and sarah-jane, girl, there's a creepy crawlie right there :D
aand you deleted another post.
funny man... I agree with that man..lol nicely put..
N does it matter if anybody does get offended..? lol no i guess
Note: The author is a rigorous practitioner of point 2 !!!! Emotions of readers who spend valuable time on developing particularly witty comments are thoroughly ignored..hehe
changed your mind on marriage? or perhaps you found the right shoe?
Yeah totally agree with Manuscrypts! WHY DONT U REPLY TO COMMENTS?????????
what !!! you are NOT the great dong???!!! I have been so misled boo hoo!
Post a Comment