Freedom's just another word
for nothing left to lose
Can we ever be free? Free of this world and all that it demands of us - day after day, year after year ... lifetime after lifetime? There is always something left to lose; something we want to cling to because we're too damn afraid of what will happen if we let go.
Richard Bach once wrote: "When you come to the edge of all the light you have known, and are about to step out into darkness, Faith is knowing one of two things will happen: There will be something to stand on, or you will be taught to fly."
***
Blues Over Troubled Waters is now in its fourth year. Long time, no? And this year I forgot all about the blogversary (May 11). I want to thank all of you lovely people for being part of this most wonderful experience. My apologies for the vanishing posts and for not replying to comments - that's something I'm very bad at.
Peopel often ask me how I do what I do, especially with regard to them picture-posts. Well, if I were Kaavya Vishwanathan I'd be able to tell you. But I'm not, so I can't ... though I find it quite amusing that some of you think I'm a girl. Do I sound like a girl?
I don't remember who it was that once said to me: 'Thank you, SwB ... you have touched many lives'
... Again, what can I say? You're welcome.
Peace, love, and false prophets.
for nothing left to lose
Can we ever be free? Free of this world and all that it demands of us - day after day, year after year ... lifetime after lifetime? There is always something left to lose; something we want to cling to because we're too damn afraid of what will happen if we let go.
Richard Bach once wrote: "When you come to the edge of all the light you have known, and are about to step out into darkness, Faith is knowing one of two things will happen: There will be something to stand on, or you will be taught to fly."
***
Blues Over Troubled Waters is now in its fourth year. Long time, no? And this year I forgot all about the blogversary (May 11). I want to thank all of you lovely people for being part of this most wonderful experience. My apologies for the vanishing posts and for not replying to comments - that's something I'm very bad at.
Peopel often ask me how I do what I do, especially with regard to them picture-posts. Well, if I were Kaavya Vishwanathan I'd be able to tell you. But I'm not, so I can't ... though I find it quite amusing that some of you think I'm a girl. Do I sound like a girl?
I don't remember who it was that once said to me: 'Thank you, SwB ... you have touched many lives'
... Again, what can I say? You're welcome.
Peace, love, and false prophets.
35 comments:
I was pretty sure you WERE a girl.
It has been that long huh? Kinda weird... I guess the rediff days rocked harder, ya kno with all those others who vanished?
What's up with this new pic below, eh? Goddam she looks like a spider. Scary!!
no way man! i was always pretty sure you were a bloke... but yea.. you still havent explained "The Mystery of the Disappearing Posts"!
God I'm so glad ur back -with your normal posts at that!
But I can totally understand why some people think you're a girl - poetry and all ;)
And oh, belated blogversary.
I would never buy this - people thinking you're a girl, pah! Happy Blogversary btw
Happy blogversary:)
Wow 4 yrs..and u surely have an ever increasing blog following..
Wish u loads of more posts and readers..Happy blogversary (Nice term) Surely will celebrate mine..
That word verfication is so difficult :-(
Madcap: Yeah, the rediffblog days were the best ... and of all the old crowd you and I are the only ones still around ... now that PB's disappeared.
Arnie: the posts disappear for various different reasons. I usually knock off the personal posts after a day or two. Bad habit, I know.
SR: awww, my sweetheart ... you really missed my posts that much? And you better explain the "I can totally understand why some people think you're a girl" bit ... I'm very curious to know.
PS, Deepa, Sangita: Thank you. I hate that word verification thing too, but its the only way to keep the spammers out.
4 years, surely long time n takes lot to hang ard for so long!!!
Loved each n every post :-)
take care bro!
keep 'em coming bud! we love the posts! :)
i know the feeling... ppl mostly think i am a guy but that could be because of the hyperactivity of my pituitary glands! just kidding, keep posting and visit us once in a while too at http://smellmyundies.blogspot.com
and http://iisstupid.blogspot.com
"There is always something left to lose; something we want to cling to because we're too damn afraid of what will happen if we let go....couldn't have put it any better myself (sumthing I am dealin with right now...tho this hasn't assuaged my fears, felt good after readin it)...u let go...you hope for better...you find sumthing...you say it is better...again get attached...again the fear of losing it...again cling...again lose...hope...cling...fear...lose...
We are never free ...and yet there is always hope
haven't been here long...but whatever I've read...have loved it all...happy blogversary:)
Am addin u...hope u don't mind
4 years,wow! thatz something.
A huge congrats and i hope that u'd hang around here for many more of them, the years, to come..
hey salty, wish i could have met you :)
(tight hug)
11 05 06 .. its finally adding up :)
and yup, you have been touching lives, especially that last pic... (which you have changed!!!)
Stone,GS, Swathi: Many thanks.
Smellygator: actually, I've been visiting both blogs ... love your style!
Yashita: yea, it's a never ending loop. Alcohol usually works for me :)
Ru: what makes you think you haven't already ;)
Manu: Only you mah-man could have come up with that :) Hope it's lucky in some way. Thanks bro.
And that picture got changed because someone complained they couldn't view the Blues at office for fear people might think they were looking at inappropriate sites.
Why the poetry, the mushy pictures and at times even the tone - is very girl-like. (Suddenly I am very glad that this is a virtual exchange. Else you'd have hit me right?)
SR: No, actually I'd have laughed. So I must work on being more man-like, yes? :)
Lol - no i think your ok!
Wow, you're an old pro at this :) Congrats, and here's to many more, cheers !
mysterious man ;)
I second essar.:P...
but dont work on being more man-like...we lurrve you just the way you are...:D
*runs away hastily*
nice blog u hav here
happy blogversary Sweebs:) muah
haaaaapppppppy burpday SwB!
>:D<
:) Hugs.
and before I forget.....heres a *hug* for the burdday!
=)
Hugses! happyy bloggiversary Salty!!
no youre definately not a girl..lol.. DEFINATELY NOT!
Wow!!! Thats a luvly quote...
Ahem.. actually you do sound like a woman.. But in the most tender and gentle way possible...
:)
..Me
Ash, Atul, Angel, Sita, Punkster, Grafx, Ph: Thanks a lot.
Ru: :) but you like a little mystery, yes?
Rose: OMG! please don't use words like tender and gentle ... I can assure you I can be quite a brute!
"Days have gone, years will go..
cherish every moment like a chocolate .. that melts in your mouth.."
- KAPIL
Appy blogversary swb!
And i should tell you this, the fiance who is basically blog-challenged, who barely reads ANY blog (my blog is no exception), once traipsed to your link from my page and told me that "now THAT is how one should write!" -
oh and he also said you reflect the thoughtful male archetype (so at least someone thinks you are a bloke!)
Thoughtful and thought provoking,its been a pleasure reading your posts - hope to see many more years of the same!
happy anniversary..
you ARE the grand dad of bloggin in this part of the world .
CiW: wow, I'm flattered. Btw, when did this 'fiance' thing happen? all hush-hush eh? ;)
Kapil: don't really like chocolate but thanks.
Richa: grand-dad huh? yeah I guess you could say that. If only the grand-mom's were still around :(
In its own odd way-Freedom is the purpose of my life. I know what it feels like, yet Ive never experienced it.
Lol I just always assumed you were a guy never thought that you could be a woman. nahhh ure a guy for sure from ur posts . All the same the discussion was hilarious.
Ohh yeah- Happy Blogversary!!
Post a Comment