December 11, 2004

A good friend of mine was recently prescribed drugs commonly known as anti-depressants. When he told me I didn’t quite know what to say. But I thought to myself – "anti-depressants?? …Aren’t those for people who’ve gone around the bend?" I was puzzled because he looked absolutely fine to me.

So when I asked him why he needed anti-depressants, his answer was "The doc told me I’m over-stressed". "Maybe you just need a break, a holiday, some time out," I said to him." He laughed and said, "no time to take time out, man"

***

"What a wonderful world" sang Louis Armstrong - trees of green, red roses too …watch em’ bloom for me and for you …bla bla bullshit. Who was he kidding?

Okay, so maybe the world isn’t all that bad - depends on how you look at it; but you know what I want - I want to jump out of bed at the start of a new day with that child-like sense of excitement and anticipation, stretch my hands over my head, feel the energy abound within me, and say "What a wonderful LIFE!!"

To put it another way: I want to feel alive. But I guess that’s asking for more than a lot.

Peace, love, and the joy in living.

No comments: